N6VUK

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by WA6JFK, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. WA6JFK

WA6JFK Ham Member QRZ Page

I think this is a case of a HIJACKED qrz.com account.

I will remove this post if things change, but for now I want to warn the ham community.

In any case I have sent $620.00 via PayPal to the email address N6VUK@aol.com

on January 30th for a Yaesu FT857D setup.

Email responses were hard to come by, but he claims he shipped the item on 2/4/2013 via UPS and he even supplied me with a tracking number.

However, the item has never tracked, in other words it never got into the hands of UPS.

I have filed a claim with PayPal and I will update this list as to the outcome of that, supposedly I am protected so it will be a good learning experience either way.

Again, I have a strong feeling is is not the real ham related to this call doing this.

In any case, I have not received an email nor a response to any emails asking where he dropped it off etc since last Friday.

I used whitepages.com and I think I have a phone number for the OM, but all I get is a "cookie cutter" voice mail and I am not leaving a message.

So in closing, this appears to be a hijacked qrz.com account, or someone who completely screwed up and no longer is answering emails etc, in any case I have $620.00 out to him via PayPal and we shall see how that claim progresses.

:mad:

2. W6DIZ

W6DIZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hmmmm.... this happened to me but I never had a callsign (big mistake).. hard to say.. N6VUK is in monterey not to far from me. I would wait before I slammed the guys call. he could have been hacked as well. The good news is that pay pal made good on the money with little trouble.

Good Luck, W6DIZ

3. N0AKF

N0AKF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Same here! I bought that outfit with it supposed to be delivered today!

4. N0AKF

I just filed with paypal. If he is a scammer he has done it good. He did a provide a tracking number with a destination to my qth. But it never was received by UPS. He answered all my emails and seemed legit. Man this sucks! $620 gone :(

I hope he can look at himself in the mirror!

5. N0AKF

he also has these emails and username listed:

• The Tube Guy
    • fishing.captain@yahoo.com

6. N0AKF

• The Tube Guy
    • fishing.captain@yahoo.com

7. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

This is why you always want a PHYSICAL address of the perpetrator...so you can send Guido out to collect his kneecaps.

8. WA6JFK

WA6JFK Ham Member QRZ Page

I would not advise doing any dealings with N6VUK at present.

I sent him funds via PayPal over a week ago and he has never sent the radio and he has not responded to any emails since last Friday.

The UPS tracking number he supplied has never been shipped.

I have filed a claim with PayPal so I should be ok on my end, but just wanted all to know to watch out.

WA6JFK:eek:

9. N0AKF

Please keep us posted and I will keep you posted as well. I hope paypal stands up for us!

10. K4JXZ

K4JXZ Guest

I paid this guy (N6VUK@aol.com) $600 via PayPal for a Yaesu FT-897D+FP-30+LDG AT-897. He stopped responding after I sent him payment four days ago.

An hour ago, I looked up Don Stanley/N6VUK's home address and phone number. I called the number and spoke with the real N6VUK. Don told me that he is NOT N6VUK@aol.com and that this is indeed an imposter/scammer that we are dealing with. He also said that he first became aware of this when he received a phone call from another victim (one of you guys, I'm assuming) within the last several hours.

I opened a claim with PayPal.

What really burns me is that I've had my Tech license for over a year, planning to pass the General next week, and this was to be my very first rig. I'm not wealthy and had been saving up for it for quite a while.

I'm really hoping that PayPal can get my money back.

:mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.