ad: CQMM-1

N5CLM – Greg Molyneaux

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by WS2L, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. WS2L

WS2L Guest

I am posting the message on behalf of K9TVS who submitted the following to the QRZ Editor.

This morning at approx 5:30 AM, Mel, K5MEL, shared the sad the news with us that Greg Molyneaux, N5CLM, was killed Saturday in a tower climbing incident. Over the past 4-5 years, like the rest of you, I've looked forward to hearing Greg's daily report from the ranch & then more recently from the farm. The wedding at the 2006 Cloudcroft Hamfest was a joyful event as Trish & Greg tied the knot with Wayne, K5ONE, officiating.

Greg was a friend to all & never met a stranger. He had a wonderful laugh & boundless energy. As he shared his stories of rattlesnake encounters, chicken & chicken hawks, coping with hunters on the ranch, fixing water pumps & water leaks, etc., we felt like we were there with him.

My heart is heavy as I listen this morning to the RJC. The chatter is minimal as each member is lost in their own thoughts & remembrances of Greg. As we each deal with our own grief, it is multiplied as we think of Trish & Greg's mother, and their loss. I was late checking in yesterday, but I still remember Greg taking time to include me & visit about the topic (have you ever operated a special events stations?) & then to remind me to keep working on getting my 75-meter loop up & SB-1000 on the air. You see, Greg always had time for a word of encouragement & a listening ear. When the RJC was over in the mornings, he would often tarry to visit with a ham or two to discuss various topics. My first eyeball QSO with Greg was at the 2006 Cloudcroft Hamfest & I found his enthusiasm to be contagious. Returning in 2007, I found Greg "holding court" with hams gathered around & Greg was gesturing about & laughing as all sorts of topics were covered.

Saturday was Greg's regular day to be net control & it wasn't unusual for the net to take an hour. Each ham's comments seemed to just invigorate Greg & he would add his own comments between stations.

73 to you Greg...a real know CW ham...I look forward to a grand reunion when we meet again on the other side of Jordan.

God Bless es 73

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.