For Sale N3ZN ZN5-H iambic key 3/4" OTO

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by WH7W, May 30, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WH7W

WH7W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I purchased this key in March 2012. It has seen very little use. Exposed brass components have tarnished. Contacts are fine. Carbon fiber finger pieces. I recently spoke with Tony, N3ZN at Dayton. He no longer makes the brass base keys because of the ongoing challenge of keeping them from tarnishing. He did offer me to send it back to him and he will powder coat the brass for $75 excluding shipping. I have been using a touch paddle for years now and while this is a beautiful key (when polished), it is excess to my needs. Original cost was $400 including shipping and the extra set of finger pieces. I am sure Tony can make you a new call sign tag for the top. The key cleans up nicely with Brasso--it just becomes a labor of love to keep it looking bright and shiny. Tony's keys are second to none. Just check his reviews on eHam.com.

Note, this model is no longer made. Closest key on his website is the ZN9-DX which appears to be limited production at $375, not including shipping or second set of finger pieces.

This key is heavy and I will look to ship via USPS Priority Flat Rate Box. I can also provide more photos and even get out the Brasso to show you what can be done to shine it up.

PayPal OK. I'm good on QRZ.com. Asking $300 OBO and I pay shipping.

Thanks-73--Mark
    IMG_5577.jpg

AK2M, NN4E, AA2XY and 2 others like this.
  2. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.