ad: KF7PMW-1

N3ER possible scam

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KJ4POM, Feb 17, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. KJ4POM

KJ4POM Ham Member QRZ Page

There was a fellow selling an Icom 725. I posted to ask if it was sold, it was. So it did not take long to get an email from Dennis Yao N3ER offering me one for sale. There is no email on his QRZ page so beware of this scam. Here is his email that he is sending from:
    Dennis A Yao n3er.sales@gmail.com

Mike

2. KJ4POM

I sent this email in response:
    <
    No email on qrz page. put one there, maybe we'll talk. Your email been sent to QRZ SCAMS
    DO NOT email this address again.>

Then a reply came back:

<"Mike you shouldn't have done that, why the hell did you report me as scam? Did I take anything from you? Please don't ever do something like that again, or else I'll have to report you.">

Friends did I jump the gun?

3. KJ4POM

Anyone know Dennis Yao?

4. KJ4POM

Btw, told him to report me. What's going to happen, get my crayons taken away.

my last email to him:

<If you are legitimate we on the forums will just understand it as a supposed member doing what is forbidden, making contact from posts in the "used ham gear" forums outside the QRZ guidelines.
    Very bad practice! All scammers do exactly what you have just done.
    Want to sell something, post on forums, don't troll.
    Want all to take you seriously, post your email on your qrz page and get verified.
    Easy to do if you are Dennis Yao, not so easy if you are not.

cheers>

This Dennis Yao may be honest, but the way he went about contacting me mimics the way scammers contact members.

5. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Confirmed scam.

AC0TX likes this.