N2OBS Repair Work is Excellent

Discussion in 'Ham to Ham References' started by KY4RDB, Jan 23, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KY4RDB

KY4RDB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I recently broke a volume knob off my Kenwood TM-V71A. I have large hands that are not made for soldering small surface mount type stuff. So I posted in the QRZ Swapmeet looking for a replacement head. N2OBS or Keith as we will call him from here on out, came back and said if I could get the parts he would take care of doing the replacement.

I ordered the parts from Pac Parts and boxed everything up and sent it to Keith in South Carolina from my QTH in Kentucky. Keith did excellent work and kept me informed along the way letting me know he had received the radio, when he completed the work, and when he had shipped it back. Keith's prices are very reasonable and his work is solid. Keith even took extra care to make sure he shipped the radio back just as well packed as I had sent it to him.

Very pleased with his work and to have my radio back whole again. Hams helping Hams is what our hobby is all about. So I am returning the favor by giving him a solid recommendation.

N0TZU likes this.
  2. W0BKR

W0BKR Ham Member QRZ Page

Does he run a business (you might mention it) or just did it to be a helpful amateur....(just curious). Like to keep my repair source list updated.

3. KY4RDB

KY4RDB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just a ham helping a ham, no business. My cat had knocked the control head of my TMV71A into the floor and one of the volume/squelch knobs broke. I never have been a hand to solder on electronic boards, so I was looking for a replacement head. He read my post in the Swapmeet section here and said he could do the work. Charged me $20, I purchased the parts, and I covered shipping both ways.

4. W0BKR

W0BKR Ham Member QRZ Page

That's great! A ham helping a ham...we need more stories like that...not just mentors and elmers but folks stepping up...good post Roland, appreciate the details and kudos to you to reach out like that!