ad: M2Ant-1

N2FNH WIlliam Baran SK Oct 30 2011 Albany NY :(

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K2HAT, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

N2FNH

William J Baran SK October 30 2011.

Bill was heard often locally on a few repeaters near his house,
    and seen many Saturdays at the local Chinese Buffet's, he was also involved in This Week In Amateur Radio.

The Wake for Bill, N2FNH, will be on Friday Nov 4 2011,
    at the New Comer Cannon Funeral home, Rt 155 in Colonie, 1:30 to 3:30pm.
    From Albany on Route 5, take a left South, on Rt 155. The funeral home is 1500 feet down, on the left, next to the Volvo Dealer.

Bill had a heart attack on Oct 7. Spent a week in the hospital, got 3 stents. Came home Oct 14. He spent the afternoon of Oct 22 visiting at W2XOY William Continelli's home.
    On Monday Oct 24, he apparently suffered a 2nd heart attak. Was unresponsive when the ambulance got there. They got his heart going again, got him to the hospital. N2FNH passed on Oct 30 2011. :(

http://home.recnet.com/node/440?a

REC has received word that Bill Baran, amateur call sign N2FNH had passed away on Sunday, October 30, 2011.

Baran had a regular segment on the on-air amateur radio bulletin service "This Week in Amateur Radio" and the broadcast version "This Week in Amateur Radio International" called "The Random Access Thought". These short segments included subject matter that was loosely related to amateur radio and featured sound effects and sound bites that added a lighter touch to what are normally very serious amateur radio bulletins.

TWIAR and TWIAR International were featured on former REC audio services W0KIE West and Hardcore XTRA.

In a Facebook post, REC's Michi Eyre, W3REC had this to say about Bill Baran:

He was truly someone who knew how to make bulletins for amateur radio fun to listen to. His "Random Access Thoughts" were very insightful and I really appreciated his production quality and editing. Outside of TWIAR, he was a very interesting personality who would leave funny or thought provoking comments on my Facebook posts, even when I was being very serious. This is what I am going to miss. I think we did speak live once awhile back and we had chatted a few times. He was surely an asset to the amateur radio hobby by not just making the hobby more fun for those of us who were already licensed but presented a side of ham radio that was less serious than ARRL but more behaved than 147.435 in LA. 73 OM N2FNH DE W3REC

http://randomaccessthought.blogspot.com/

http://hamradionation.com/browse_vidfeeders.php?tag=N2FNH+Amateur+Radio

N2FNH SK 73 OM K2HAT Lee Hatfield Jr

375313_280761085291350_100000723823171_904884_1783913031_n.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.