N1MM Logger+ and Winter Field Day

Discussion in 'Logbooks & Logging Programs' started by W4LAC, Jan 21, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. W4LAC

W4LAC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

One of my club members told me a few days ago that if I was planning on using N1MM Logger for Winter Field Day I'd need to download a file of some kind and add it to N1MM. He couldn't remember the details, but that has caused me to question my preparedness for Saturday.

I have downloaded the latest N1MM Logger update file, and I've also downloaded a new "WL_CTY.DAT" file, as well as a SCP_VER20200102.ZIP, both due to reading a "how to" document that I found online. Can anyone shed some light on my concerns? What do I need to do to make sure that N1MM Logger+ is ready to use Saturday?

2. W4POT

W4POT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Did you download the WFDA.ZIP file from the User Defined Contests section of the downloads page?
    When you unzip it you will see a WFDA_Read-Me.txt file that contains instructions on where to place the files and how to use them.

WFDA2RTTY.udc place in Usersarea\My Documents\N1MM Logger+\UserDefinedContests

WinterFD.sec place in Usersarea\My Documents\N1MM Logger+\SupportFiles

When setting up, click>Import Section List

After producing the Cabrillo file, use 'Find and Replace' to change 'RY' to 'DI' in Cabrillo file -
    (use leading and trailing spaces to avoid changing any callsigns).

3. KS2G

KS2G Subscriber QRZ Page

Tried following those instructions, but couldn't find anything that said "Import Sections List".
    The choices under Import were:
    ---Import ADIF from file
    ---Import call history
    ---Import state & province abbreviations
    ---Recover QSO from a transaction log.

I clicked on "Import state & province abbreviations" and saw a results message: "Import Complete"

But when I try entering sample contacts with standard section abbreviations, the program returns "Missing/Invalid Section"
    :confused:??

4. KS2G

KS2G Subscriber QRZ Page

Never mind!

I was looking in the wrong place.

Import Sections List is a "button" that I had overlooked in the contest set-up screen.
    I was looking for it in the "Files-->Import" pull-down menu.

:rolleyes: