N0EE is Dishonest- Beware

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by N8FVJ, Jun 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. N4UP

N4UP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

No one is calling you a crook, but I think many of these accusing posts are by people who haven't done their due diligence and simply assume they are dealing with whoever someone claims to be. And by the way, an email that also contains a call sign is not in any way a validation. Anyone can do that. I own a domain name and can use any made-up email address I like @ that domain name and it will come to my mailbox. You need to compare it with what is listed on his QRZ.com page, and even that is no guarantee as his account may have been hacked. But if you have verified that he is who he claims to be, then helps for you to say so as you now have.

KA2FIR and KD8DEY like this.
  2. N8FVJ

N8FVJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Again wrong. The Postage as applied on the shipping box from the Post Office showing city & state on package was same City & State as his call sign address. STOP DEFENDING THIS CROOK. You are doing a dis-service to others making my post appear unjustified. I have performed due diligence. I am not an idiot accusing people that did nothing wrong or stolen someone's call sign.

3. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member Number 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Thank you for reporting this. You've made your case. You've made all the statements you need to provide warning to others.

Further discussion I do not feel is required, as N0EE never advertised on this site and has almost zero forum posts.

Thanks for the warning to all. I'm sorry you had an unfortunate incident with either N0EE or someone pretending to be him. Sucks for all of us that things like this happen.

Closed to further comments

Should @N0EE see this and wish to comment in the thread, simply hit the blue "report" button and ask a moderator to reopen the thread so that you may comment as well

Dave
    W7UUU

KA2FIR, WB0MPB, KS4W and 2 others like this.
  4. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

I think we should hear both sides of the story before passing judgement.

N4UP, N2SUB and WB4IVF like this.
  5. WB4IVF

WB4IVF Ham Member QRZ Page

Here is N0EE’s side of the story on eHam:

“Sure I removed the ad, it was sold. I bought it secondhand, I never used it and I told James that. The first I heard from James about it allegedly being defective was after he took it upon himself to take it apart and attempt repair. Buyers with common sense KNOW if they receive what they believe to be a defective item it's prudent that they contact the seller immediately, you don't take the item apart and attempt repair BEFORE you notify the seller. I would have refunded his payment in full but James didn't request that, he decided to take it apart. All he had to do was request that but he didn't, that's on him.”

“James N8FVJ is a nutcase. He has sent me emails calling me a thief, a crook, dishonest and disgusting. He sent an email yesterday calling me childish names and to never contact him again, then he sends me more hateful email. I received an email from the nutcase just this morning saying he should file a claim with PayPal and return me an empty box. He is so mentally deranged he hasn't realized he didn't pay by PayPal, and that would be outright fraud if he did do that. That shows his dishonest mentality right there... All he had to do was request a refund BEFORE he took it apart. That's ALL he had to do... There are many posts about his plagiarism of articles, dishonesty and childish immature name calling on the web, some are right here on eHam. I'm not chasing this nutcase around the web defending my reputation, there are many out there that would deal with me again without any qualms. I'm not falling for this proven plagiarist's extortion plot, he's the dishonest one here.”

https://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,125608.msg1132790.html#new

AG5DB, N4UP and KA2FIR like this.
  6. N8FVJ

Here are the facts. I tested the dual element mic and it only worked on one element. I informed N0EE of the malfunction and he stated is the wiring good? (I did not open up the mic to test wiring when I informed N0EE of the issue). Then after his request to test the wiring, I opened up the mic and tested wiring with an ohm meter. Note- on the internet early Heil mics are known for bad solder joints. The wiring was good, but obviously the element was bad. I asked for a $30 refund after buying a $60 replacement element that brought the mic up to full operating condition. Mic reported bad, then tested wiring per his request with opening up mic that is the only way to test wiring and then he states no refund due to opening up the mic. He is confident he is right- now who is the Nut Case here?
    The man is dishonest. I suspect if I did not open up the mic, he would of said I dropped the mic. Also, it was NOT sold 'as-is' and N0EE stated he thought the mic was new unused after I bought it. N0EE never implied the mic did not work.

Now, he calls me dishonest and that is ridiculous. I reinforced the facts with a few emails, not sent hate mail. I am honest and only asked a 50% ($30) refund after I paid $60 for a replacement element. If there is a nut case, it is N0EE and he is dishonest, not me. Now, would you trust him? That is why I posted his dishonestly to protect other hams. I rest my case and KB4IBF stop defending this obvious crook.

BTW- I told N0EE I would send him the bad element for his testing.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  7. N0EE

N0EE Ham Member QRZ Page

8. N0EE

N0EE Ham Member QRZ Page

I never once asked him to test the wiring, that's pure BS. His first email to me was that he disassembled it and checked it out when he thought it was defective. He took it apart BEFORE he notified me that he thought it was defective, that's not appropriate, that's how "parts swappers" operate.
    I would have given him a full refund but he didn't even bother to ask. I didn't authorize him to attempt repair, and I never agreed to pay for any
    repairs. ALL he had to do was advise me he thought it was defective and I would have
    refunded his full payment. That's ALL he had to do. Those of us with common sense know that if you receive an item thought to be defective you notify the seller immediately, you don't attempt repairs and then shake down the seller for a refund.
    Just this morning I received another hateful email from him saying he should have filed a PayPal claim then returned to me an empty box. Problem with that is he didn't pay by PayPal, and returning to me an empty box is fraud, that says volumes of his mental acuity and integrity. There are plenty of posts on the web addressing his mental ability and childish immature name calling. I'm not wasting another minute of my time dealing with this nutcase. You all believe what you want to believe but this guy's actions and bold faced lies are just plain wrong.

9. N4UP

N4UP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Clearly there are two sides to this story, as there are to most, and for me a reminder not to simply believe whoever posted first. What is obvious to one is not necessarily obvious to another. But no one has any business telling others what to do or who to believe or not, including me. Just my opinion.

10. N8FVJ

The man is a liar. Want me to post your message from your email regarding cabling (wiring) here? I never wanted a full refund, just an adjustment of $30. I offered to send you the defective Heil cartridge for you to verify. You are dishonest, everyone can see that. You are not fooling anyone- end of story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.