Mystery of Mysteries

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W3BNY, Feb 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. W3BNY

W3BNY Ham Member QRZ Page

2. AG3Y

AG3Y Guest

No, No, No, You cannot TRULY understand the "meaning of life" until you have this book in your posession

http://www.amazon.com/exec....=glance

[​IMG]

I am not affiliated with "Amazon Books" in any way, shape or form, I only offer this to you as a satiric stab at comedy!

73 from Jim

3. W1XBS

W1XBS Ham Member QRZ Page

The meaning of life, the universe and everything is...

Forty Three

4. KC8UAM

KC8UAM Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ka1kjz @ Feb. 10 2004,15:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The meaning of life, the universe and everything is...

Forty Three[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Well I guess I'll be stopping by the library and see if they have it.
    Thanks you guys.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Years ago... there was a man who advertised, in the newspaper, that if people would send him one dollar, he would send them fool proof instructions on how to make a million dollars.

MANY people did. What they got back was an envelope with the following item inside

&quot;FIND 1 MILLION OTHER FOLKS TO SEND YOU A DOLLAR AND YOU WILL HAVE A MILLION DOLLARS&quot;

He was taken to court and charged with mail fraud, false advertising, and fraudulent claims.

He was found NOT GUILTY becuase he..

Delivered what he claimed he could deliver.
    Provided the information he promised he would provide.
    Did not decieve, lie, or mislead the buyer.
    Did NOT promise anything beyond what was stated.
    Did NOT promise to send them a milliion dollars, only the instructions which would PROVIDE the means to receive a million dollars.

His information was accurate and, if buyers were found who would respond in the necessary quantities, WOULD guarantee the solicitor would receive a MILLION DOLLARS.

He made it clear that it was PREDICATED on finding a sufficient number of folks to respond.

So, it doesn't surprise me that this guy is advertising this.

Just proves.. 'if it seems to good to be true.. it probably is!'

Chuck K3FT

6. W2LYS

W2LYS Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The meaning of life, the universe and everything is...

Forty Three
    [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry, the correct answer is 42.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Yes, 'The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Universe' is correct!

FORTY TWO!

Now.. where IS that Restaurant...???

8. W3SY

W3SY Ham Member QRZ Page

Yo know who's gonna bid on that? The same losers who pay to have a star named after someone!

(You get a map to find the star, and your naming is recorded &quot;IN BOOK FORM&quot; in the US Copyright office. Wow.)

9. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Of course the Library of Congress would probably be more appropriate since that is where the copyrighted material when the copyright is formally filed ends up! You don't have to file for a copyright since all material is copyrighted when created. Formally filing only makes it slightly easier to obtain damages if the material is published by someone else.

By the way, the advertisement that I heard just today said the United States patent office and not the copyright office!

Glen, K9STH

10. KC0PTK

KC0PTK Ham Member QRZ Page

That is so sad, I would love to meet the person who would buy something like that.

Personaly I would have to say to that person maybe something like, here is your sign [​IMG]

Steve
    KCØPTK [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.