ad: Schulman-1

SOLD myanttennas MEF-107-2k+ High Power EFHW transformer

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by KA5HSY, Jan 31, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KA5HSY

KA5HSY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

MYANTENNA.jpeg For sale, sold "as new" High Power MEF-107-2k+ EFHW transformer by myantennas.com. I put it up as an inverted L for 1 week to attempt 160M. Hard lesson learned; you have to be up at 60' or higher with this system to get it to work as designed. At my QTH the best I can do is 38 feet. :(

Vendor description: (160 / 80 / 60 / 40M) The MEF-107-2k+ is new high power EFHW antenna transformer(~50:1 ratio) designed with massive 1.25 pound (0.57kg) ferrite core, equivalent of almost six (6) 2.4-inch toroids and very low insertion loss for frequencies from 1-7MHz Insertion loss measurement S21 with two back to back transformers shows only 0.18dB (4% power loss) at 160m and 0.28dB (6% power loss) on 40m bands.

Included is the transformer and end insulator. You must provide the 260' of wire for 160M.

I paid $162 for this in November. Sold as stated as is, I am asking for $118.firm shipped to your door.

I guarantee this to be in as new condition.

I accept Pay-Pal only.

Respond to my email on QRZ if you are interested,

73's
    Kevin
    KA5HSY

KE9OL likes this.
  2. KD2INX

KD2INX Ham Member QRZ Page

I ran mine @38 feet but I put all of it in trees. It works, not much distance , but it works. 38 feet straight up and the rest all over the place.
    If you want I could send you a vertical pdf to do it dyi. But it is only for 160. This band is the hardest to talk long distance on. You could try some toad harbor feed line
    and a straight dipole. But at 38 feet it is the best you can do with out a tower.
    Bob

KA5HSY likes this.
  3. KA5HSY

KA5HSY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you all !

This item has been SOLD to a fine Gentleman Ham in California.

4. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.