My Trip With APRS Tracking

Discussion in 'Mobile Radio' started by W5WPL, Sep 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. W5WPL

W5WPL Ham Member QRZ Page

2. K0BG

K0BG Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't use APRS even though I have all the necessary equipment. I just don't want my wife to know where I am! Or anyone else including thieves.

3. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

I CU Bill! U are right there on the Map!

Also see your route to and from Georgetown. OH, I thought U were going to GEORGETOWN, near Washington DC! According to the APRS Track, U went there and are now back in PEARLAND!

4. W5WPL

Agreed, I posted it after I got home. APRS tracking is an easy way to know if someone is away.
    The only thing they would get is my old tube Hallicrafters SR-160. You can pick one of those up pretty cheap.
    And a $200. 32" flat screen TV and this old computer. I take my laptop with me. And being retired, I'm home most of the time.
    I don't have much stuff.
    I did let "VERY CLOSE FRIENDS" know how to track me before I left.

5. W5WPL

A group of us from Air Force ROTC in high school, classes 1975,76 and 77 went up there for a reunion with our Sargent who lives near there. We hadn't seen him in nearly 40 years.

6. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice job Bill. I need to put my Tinytracker kit together.

7. AE5QR

AE5QR Ham Member QRZ Page

I run my APRS 24/7 90% of the time I'm on the road so my friends and family know where I'm at even when I go into Canada. I set it up so they see where I'm during rush hour so they don't call me when I am in a major metropolitan area at the time. 73 from somewhere in the USA or Canada.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.