ad: rfparts

My state rep was making the rounds at EOCs

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KK4YWN, Oct 12, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K3QNTad-1
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
  1. KK4YWN

KK4YWN Ham Member QRZ Page

I told him about my concerns about fcc limitations on symbol rates and encryption in amatuer radio. I also explained that there are no specialized protocols in interfacing with cell systems. If restrictions were removed an army of seasoned telecoms experimentors would be available for rapid response to infrastructure failures within a few years.

If you truly care about public service: repeat this conversation with anyone willing to listen.

2. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Called Kelly back and said 5% of hams want this and over 90% think the 5% are smoking dope. Army of experimentors was the lie used to remove the telegraphy test. Name ONE new innovation by a no coder. Let me know if it was Dana or Torbett. I will call on the phone.

AC0OB and K0IDT like this.
  3. KK4YWN

KK4YWN Ham Member QRZ Page

I dont understand what code has to do with this.

K5BBC and K9ASE like this.
  4. W0AAT

W0AAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just another sour grapes no code whiner "I had to do so you should do it too" (and yes I passed a code test)

K5BBC likes this.
  5. WA3QGD

WA3QGD Ham Member QRZ Page

"This is "Rachel" theres no problem with your current emergency services network however for just 49$ a year you can join an entirely duplicitous emergency services network that has the highest shameless self promotion rating among imaginary health and welfare organizations .please leave your message of distress at the Beep,please press 1 for morse,2 for winlink[must be a paid subscriber....and if you have an instant "Extra' class receive an official observer's core pink slip ticket book .

K9ASE likes this.
  6. G8ADD

G8ADD Ham Member QRZ Page

By definition an innovation must be new!

7. N3HGB

N3HGB Ham Member QRZ Page

I too passed the code test and I feel confident in saying memorizing a 19th century code of short and long sounds is an entirely separate skill from inventing new kinds of radios.

K5BBC, K3EY and W5TTP like this.
  8. AC2DW

AC2DW Ham Member QRZ Page

What does passing code have to do with a hobby that has almost unlimited other activities. You like code, good for you, someone else likes SSB, another PSK, another JT8, another DMR, and so on. Who cares? Face it, it's a hobby! For every ham that passed the code test and was "innovative" how many passed the code test and never invented or innovated anything? The days of hams being innovative and inventing are gone, the commercial world is light years ahead with 21st century stuff, but "we're superior we know code!"

K5BBC, NS8N, K9ASE and 1 other person like this.
  9. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm still looking for a pix of Rachel.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

K9ASE and W4IOA like this.
  10. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I think having to learn Norse Code would get rid of all the lids and clueless newbies.

[​IMG]

K9ASE and W4IOA like this.