My remodeled shack

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KL7AJ, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KI6USW

KI6USW Ham Member QRZ Page

Your zip code says Fairbanks AK. Is that your location - or is it the closest post to your location?
    I lived in Whittier for a year and a half.
    Brrrrr.........

2. KB7GL

KB7GL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah, I remember the long winters from my time in Fairbanks with the FAA in the 70s. Due to the absence of wind, the ice fog would build up on fences and power lines several inches high! If a light breeze came through, it seemed like a blizzard! You're right about the ice, Eric -- too dang cold for ice to form. I can't say I miss those winters.

Nice looking shack, BTW. A lot of nostalgia with "parts that glow"!

3. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

That looks really nice.
    :)

4. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Looks very cozy.

But where's the beer tap? It should be on the wall and about waist high.

If deliveries are tough during the winter, the keg behind the wall should be very large.:p

5. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Looks cooool! Yeppers, when I operate AM the shack is nice and toasty in the winter.

6. KL7AJ

KL7AJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I actually live in North Pole, 13 miles SE of Fairbanks.

eric

7. KB3LAZ

KB3LAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

For some reason I was expecting more.:p

8. KL7AJ

I have a lot more boat anchors. I just thought I'd ease my benches in gently. :)

Still waiting for my Central Electronics 100V to come back from Kotzebue. :)

eric

9. KL7AJ

Customized for Elmering

By the way...as nice as it is to have a neat shack to come into, I have an ulterior motive. This space is custom built for elmering new hams. I have a flyer I give to our VEC testers to give to EVERY new ham, called "Now that you have your Ticket." It's a personal invitation for the new ham to come and operate H.F. from a real shack. We have three "official" Elmers in the club so far, and hope to get a few more. By the way, one of these Elmer stations is a full-blown contest station.

We leave NO ham an excuse not to operate H.F. And by the tine they're ready to buy, they'll KNOW what they want...or don't want.

Eric

10. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

I will be remodeling my shack just as soon as I find out if I still have a job!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.