MY QRZ account hacked

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by WA1UIL, Apr 4, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. WA1UIL

WA1UIL Ham Member QRZ Page

Someone hacked my QRZ account and was posing as me in forum responses and in one case an offer to purchase a transceiver
    I currently have nothing for sale nor are looking to buy anything.
    Should someone posing as me contacts you let me know. Thanks

2. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder Administrator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

N1VAU, KE0TNL, KG5THG and 1 other person like this.
  3. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Needless to say, also change your password to something really strong - upper case + lower case + punctuation + numbers and no "plain English"

Dave
    W7UUU

K4AGO, N1VAU, KG5THG and 1 other person like this.
  4. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Ham Member QRZ Page

Looking at your post history I don't see any such posts with your account. Were these actually forum responses or off-line contacts from an email that claimed to be you? If the latter, QRZ has nothing to do with that.
    You do have an email listed on your QRZ page, which is good. You can also add a disclaimer to your page stating what you said here, that you are not currently selling or buying anything. That will help if anyone decides to check you out by looking at your page before proceeding with a transaction.
    If you know the email that was being used to impersonate you, you can send a report to "abuse@(that domain)" and ask them to shut down that account.