my new HW8 won't transmit

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KI4NZU, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KA9VQF

KA9VQF Ham Member QRZ Page

Weren’t we supposed to get birthday party photos?
    [​IMG]

2. KI4NZU

KI4NZU Guest

3. KI4NZU

KI4NZU Guest

Just a reminder that I wont be able to be on the radio till Friday. Im going over to a friend's house for a while. hope you like the pics (if you can see them, hi hi) [​IMG]

I will still be able to check on here though.

4. KI4NZU

KI4NZU Guest

hey guys im back........ [​IMG] so do u like the pics?

5. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It seems that most of the 10 meter activity I hear these days is on 28.400. Try in the early evening - though you may catch openings at any time of the day or night this time of year. At this time of year, what's on 10 is 'sporadic E' skip. It's called "sporadic" because it's unpredictable. It's a lot like 6 meters, but the openings on 10 are more common and more stable.

Don't just listen - call CQ from time to time. A lot of people monitor but if nobody says anything, we never know the band is really open.

I'll have an ear on or near there unless 6 is open.

6. WZ4I

WZ4I QRZ Member

Pics are nice. Hope you had a wonderful time.

Hope you can make it to our Field Day event next weekend.

WZ4I

7. KI4NZU

KI4NZU Guest

i will probably be coming to FD on Sunday. What are the times for sunday?

8. WZ4I

WZ4I QRZ Member

Until 2PM.

9. K0RGR

That's next weekend, June 24-25. You need to check with the local group as their hours may differ - many groups knock off early on Sunday.

I just worked a KI4 in South Carolina on 28.400, and there was so much interference we had to move twice. There are signals from all over the south popping through on 6 and 10.

10. K0RGR

Field Day is the weekend tof the 24th. You need to ask the local group what their planned hours are - it varies.

I just worked a KI4 in SC on 28.400 - there's lots of interference from all the stations popping up on frequency.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.