My little corner...

Discussion in 'QRZ Stickers Around the World' started by WA7GWT, Oct 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. WA7GWT

WA7GWT Ham Member QRZ Page

10171678_10203173443082507_3406655368343786108_n.jpg My little ham "shack"... On the right is a Baofeng UV-5R 2m/440...On the screen is a HamSphere 3.0 VoIP "160m-6m Transceiver"...forgive me if it's not "Ham" :rolleyes: enough as I am just getting started (first licensed 08/14) and don't have a lot of cash :eek: ...

2. KB3CDA

KB3CDA Ham Member QRZ Page

If you want to use any kind of pc based communications, get Echolink. At least it connects to a radio at one end, so it's half a ham slice of the hobby.

3. WA7GWT

I do have, and do use, echolink. Strangely, it works great on my smartphone, but not on my desktop. If you can point me in the direction of some basic English instructions for troubleshooting I would be most greatful. I have tried following echolink's own instructions but I must be missing something...

4. N3DCP

N3DCP Ham Member QRZ Page

What type of problems are you having with the windows software?

5. AE7RZ

AE7RZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Double check your router settings. port forwarding
    Your smartphone uses a relay connection where your desktop is using a direct connection. The other alternative is to use a proxy connection.
    GL

6. WA7GWT

Thank you, N3DCP & AE7RZ...I tried opening the prescribed ports on the firewall, this did not work...I will try setting up for proxy next.

WA7GWT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.