ad: hrd-2

My Key I made

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by KD3Y, Aug 21, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
  1. KD3Y

KD3Y Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]

With the serial # plate added.
    [​IMG]

DD5RK, WB4BIN, KI5WW and 1 other person like this.
  2. KX5ALC

KX5ALC Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, 57 operators have viewed your post.....................but haven't responded most likely because there's no photo.

KD2TUD likes this.
  3. KD3Y

KD3Y Ham Member QRZ Page

Ah I see. It appears the host is down. Apparently I can't just upload a pic. I have to host it elsewhere then past the "image URL" to it.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
  4. KX5ALC

Yup. Always eager to see handmade keys, so get with it! ;)

KD3Y likes this.
  5. KD3Y

KD3Y Ham Member QRZ Page

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
    KI4ZUQ, RA1AOM, N2UHC and 4 others like this.
  6. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Use the "Upload a File" button to post an image file.

KD3Y likes this.
  7. KX5ALC

[​IMG]

[​IMG]DELETE

8. KD3Y

KD3Y Ham Member QRZ Page

Here's the link to the folder with all the images of construction for those interested. I don't want to bomb the forum with a lot of individual photos.

https://ibb.co/album/v1hQWn

9. KX5ALC

Good lookin' key. Does she talk?

10. KD3Y

KD3Y Ham Member QRZ Page

Yessir. I've only used it with an external oscillator because I don't have any radio with the jack on it to plug it into. I suppose until I get something fancy like that it's basically something to display in the shack. So far as I know there's no way to use it with my cheap AnyTone 778UV except to hold down the mic key with one hand and use the key with the other. I don't think anyone on my local 2-meter repeater wants to hear Morse anyway. I found most of the guys on my local repeater use it for something to do on their commute to and from work except for the Tuesday evening rag chew.

I'm not that great at CW right now anyway. I've been practicing but it doesn't seem to "stick" so easy. I know about 10 letters by memory and have to look at the chart for the others. Seems to be for me one of those things where if you don't use it constantly you forget it. So I try to practice half an hour or more every day by keying out random phrases like my name and "what hath god wrought" and "now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country" and the first part of the Gettysburg address, stuff like that like they used to do in typewriter school.