ad: ProAudio-1

My Best Friend Remembered

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by KJ4QJ, Oct 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KJ4QJ

KJ4QJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I found my dog O.P. as a puppy on the side of the road in Macon county Alabama 12 years ago. He was almost starved and had the mange. I took him home with me that day and thats where is has remained ever since.  It took several visits to the vet to finally cure him of the mange. For the last 6 years he has been an indoor only dog and we have spent many great hours together. When he would look at me I could see the love in his eyes. He would always lay at my feet when I would be on the radio or computer.Several weeks ago he became ill and we took him to our vet. She referred us on the the UGA Small Animal hospital over in Athens. Tests confirmed the he had cancer in the stomach and liver. We let him go to the other side on October 1.The day I found O.P. I promised him he would never go hungry again. I kept that promise and in return he remained forever my best friend. As I type this I have his picture in front of me. Please take a few minutes today to spend with your pets as you don't know how much time you have left with them and do everything you can to prevent animal abuse. I will miss O.P. and he will always remain my best friend.

2. K7JBQ

K7JBQ Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

QJ:

Well said.
    O.P. was a lucky dog, and you a fortunate owner.

Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.