ad: M2Ant-1

My ad selling my IC7000 deleted for no pics...but were actually there

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by NY0K, Aug 5, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. NY0K

NY0K Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'd like to "chat" with the blind moderator who deleted my IC-7000 & LDG ad.

Reason given: no photos.

I have a nice screenshot of the ad with the photos, which also had my QSL card in both images. I'm a verified member plus a paying member of QRZ. Would have been nice if someone would have contacted me. The swapmeet function of QRZ does more damage to QRZ.com's reputation than anything else. I know I'll never donate another dime to support the website.

To the moderator who did not do their job: Shame on you.

2. KB2SUJ

KB2SUJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I can see your ad. No images. The links no worky for me. But... I copy and pasted it below and voila, images!
    Your ad:
    __________________________________________________________________________________
    Selling my mobile rig to finance a desktop contest rig. Works excellent, used mostly for OMISS and net check-ins.

Icom IC-7000 transceiver with DC power cord and a new unused handheld microphone with box (I used a Heil headset). Will include additional freebies in the box that I will not have any use for. $700 + shipping.

Also, I have a nice well-kept LDG AT-200Pro II autotuner. Also works excellent, only used for a month before I picked up a 600Pro to go with my Yaesu amp. Includes power cord. $125 + shipping.

If you take both, I will take $800 shipping included. Can meet in person in Springfield, MO area if you're local. Accept PayPal (you cover fees) or US Postal money order. Continental US only, will only sell to licensed ham radio operators, will use your QRZ address for shipping.

For the moderator at QRZ who has difficulty with photographs -- the following image is the radio with my QSL card. It will appear below this text.

[​IMG]
    The link to this photograph is https://guyanthonydemarco.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/kE96ZEMZ.jpeg

Now the image of the LDG autotuner, also with my QSL card:

[​IMG]
    The link to this photo is https://guyanthonydemarco.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/B3SGhtka.jpeg

As a verified, premium subscriber, hopefully this remains up until sold.

3. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

I suspect they want the photos embedded in the ad, and not linked -- because linked photos are stored elsewhere, and can go away easily. Those embedded in the ad are there for eternity -- or thereabouts.

KA2FIR likes this.
  4. NY0K

I have the images both in the ad and included the links just in case. I embedded the images using QRZ's system, and they show up just fine. Looks like QRZ has something screwed up on their end.

5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

This is what I see.

Error 1011 Ray ID: 501badd60d79c7f6 • 2019-08-05 20:56:40 UTC
    Access denied
    What happened?

The owner of this website (guyanthonydemarco.com) does not allow hotlinking to that resource (/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/B3SGhtka.jpeg).

Cloudflare Ray ID: 501badd60d79c7f6 • Performance & security by Cloudflare

WB0MPB likes this.
  6. NZ4X

NZ4X XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Guy I saw your original ad. The photos were not coming up in the post.

KA2FIR likes this.
  7. NY0K

Appreciate that. They showed up fine for me plus KB2SUJ copied and pasted the ad (further up this thread) and the images were there. I used the "picture" link on the WYSIWYG ad poster but it appears that the feature randomly functions. I looked for a button to attach images as files and didn't see one. I finally found out by accident that I could drag and drop an image and it would attach as a file. Never received anything from the "moderators". Frustrating to the point where I won't renew my subscription and I changed my signature line.

8. NY0K

Thank you for that, it partially explains why the images don't show, although when KB2SUJ copied and pasted the ad the images were there.

9. NY0K

If that's the case then I'm not sure why they have a picture button that asks for the URL of the image. If that function doesn't work or is buggy they should replace it with an attachment button instead. Heck, while typing this response there's an "upload a file" button on the bottom right, right next to the "post reply" button.

WB0MPB likes this.
  10. NY0K

Note: Third try at posting the ad is up, this time with the drag-and-dropped images. Should take bets on what is wrong this time. Perhaps it'll get nuked because when I type I use a single space after a period.