ad: elecraft

My 2020 Ham Shack Behind the Scene Wiring

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VA2PV, May 3, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. CL5KY

CL5KY Ham Member QRZ Page

2. NF0A

NF0A Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks good!!

3. KD8RWR

KD8RWR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'd Post mine,.. But I Can't get there anymore! My old 7- piece Stereo/CD/Cassette/DVD/Dynamic Processor, etc, etc,..
    Wiring,... Is Sill back There Too!

73 Ya' All! -Thom KD8RWR

4. W7UJ

W7UJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I built my shack with a false wall to hide the wires and to have easy access to the back of my equipment. I got VERY tired of crawling up on the desk to change or fix something.

Attached Files:

N2IPH/SK2022 and WA2LXB like this.
  5. W9UXX

W9UXX Ham Member QRZ Page

very very nice 73s De. W9UXX

6. DH6MAV

DH6MAV Ham Member QRZ Page

Must be very satisfying. Congrates.

7. KA8DYD

KA8DYD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Fantastic! Nice job all the way around.

8. VK2WE

VK2WE Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm currently rebuilding my shack completely while in covid lockup and have found enough redundant cable behind the bench to make an 80mt dipole. :)

9. N2IPH/SK2022

N2IPH/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

I think the reason for the boat anchor ham gear in current movies has to do with copyright. If you think about many current TV commercials that are NOT about automobiles but have a car or truck in the ad they all use old vehicles, like over 20 years old. You'll see the actors in ads driving an old 70s Ford Bronco that has been out of productions for 40 years, or an old Chevy convertible and so on. They don't have to deal with royalties and copyright with older vehicles and I believe the same holds true for TV shows and movies.

Why you might ask is that the case? Well it may be because the vehicle manufacturer does not want their product or name associated with the film, TV show, or TV ad. They don't want to be seen as endorsing whatever message or position (either on the surface or subliminal) the media product portrays or suggests.

10. W5NU

W5NU QRZ Lifetime Member #642 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Haven't seen the video, and want to comment anyway. Something I discovered is the convenience of having the operating desk away from any wall by a comfortable walking distance. Having human space behind the equipment for cabling can really put the chief operator/engineer back in charge.

N2IPH/SK2022 and WD4ELG like this.
  11. VE3PM

VE3PM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Pascal , Congratulations ! On a job well done. I have viewed some of your other videos and I must admit they are all very professional. 73, and looking forward to your future videos Don VE3PM Horton Ontario about 45 miles NW. of Ottawa Ontario:)

12. N2IPH/SK2022

N2IPH/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

I did not build a false wall, I just kept the operating desk a couple feet off the wall so I can walk back there any time I want.