ad: Schulman-1

Music of the Meteors Live

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K7DAN, Aug 9, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K7DAN

K7DAN Ham Member QRZ Page

LISTEN TO THE MUSIC OF THE METEORS! No matter what the skycover in the coming few days you can hear the Perseid Meteor Shower live via my receiver on 49.749 MHz USB. The hollow PINGS are brief bursts of signal from a TV station transmitter here in Asia enabled by meteors as they streak through the ionosphere. As with viewing the Perseids, patience pays rich rewards of hearing the amazing music of the meteors. Enjoy! Dan...VR2HF

Link on Youtube Live: https://www.youtube.com/c/DanVanHoy/live

Attached Files:

OM1AD, W7XLR, KC2YMO and 2 others like this.
  2. W6RZ

W6RZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

W7XLR, KC2YMO and K5KVN like this.
  3. K7DAN

Thanks! Just hope we get better propagation on 6m in the coming days so we can hear more!

73, Dan...VR2HF/K7DAN

4. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

outstanding! thanks, gents!

heard a few pings already, in just 3 minutes.

N5HNX likes this.
  5. NX1Q

NX1Q XML Subscriber QRZ Page

How many per second was it doing ?

6. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

"Invalid response received"
    Is what I get when I click that link

7. K7DAN

I had a friend locally that could not use their IDevice (Iphone/Ipad), but had no problem with their Windows desktop computer. Link works fine on my Android phone and Windows computers. Maybe this is some kind of Flash issue with IOS?

What device are you using, Clayton?

Dan...

8. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Android with Firefox

I did a search of your name while on YouTube and found your meteor music. Pretty cool!

9. IZ5ILX

IZ5ILX Ham Member QRZ Page

GL TO ALL in PERSEID METEOR SHOWER ...

This is my last RXing last night ,at 22:50 Local Time , via GRAVES RADAR ( FRANCE )
    Qrg 143.050 in < JN27SI > QRA LOCATOR

73s !! ALL

VALE
    IZ5ILX < jn54ac >

10. K7DAN

The MUSIC of the METEORS STREAM has ended with the decline of the Perseid Meteor Shower. But the VR2HF *Hong Kong DX * receiver is still available at: https://www.globaltuners.com/

73, Dan...VR2HF/K7DAN

11. N6NKS

N6NKS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

N6NKS: Between approx. 0400 UT to past 1500 UT - 13 August 2019, I recorded a handful of FM broadcast frequencies (94.1/95.1/94.7/101.3 MHz) to audio-record FM BCB Ms, and the results were amazing! I employed a Sony STV-7 FM tuner to a ground-plane antenna (omni-directional) up 7m on my lattice tower, located at Keeler, CA, and there were frequent LONG-BURSTS of over 20 to 30 seconds duration throughout the recording/sampling period. About 24 to 26 hours later, the Perseids Ms were way down by over 75% from the near-peak period that I made 7 hours of FM broadcast-band recordings. Alas, I am not active on 6m this year nor was I in 2018 from semi rare DM16 (alas!), but I did make certain I monitored the half-empty FM band here in the southern Owens Valley of eastern, California to ascertain the peak Ms amounts. Processing of the several (long) audio-files is now beginning, and they will be presented at this link:

https://archive.org/details/FmAndTvDxlong-distanceReceptionviaSporadic-eSkipAndMeteor-scatter

On about 20 August 2019 these files should be available (and you can now check out earlier Ms audio files made via FM and TV-band Dxing - video carriesr on the former NTSC channel 2 (three sub-frequency "offsets" also). are at this above link! It if super great others have been doing Ms work! 73 - Steve - N6NKS

12. TIMINCE

TIMINCE QRZ Member

Too bad that I can't download this music from the link u gave.

13. DONCALLIS

DONCALLIS QRZ Member

Thank you for sharing this amazing music with us. Too bad that archive.org doesn't allow downloading these tracks. I've found there a couple of very rare songs which you simply won't find on the internet. But the most interesting recordings in my opinion came from mexican radio stations.

Some of the recordings were pretty interesting for me because the musicians used specific folk instruments. As I'm involved in ethnography some of these tracks would be very useful for my university projects. Lucky for me, I already discovered similar royalty-free music on https://depositphotos.com/music.html that allows downloading the tracks that I need.