Multiple Exams in one day?

Discussion in 'Becoming an Amateur Radio Operator/Upgrading Privi' started by AC2BB, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
  1. AC2BB

AC2BB Ham Member QRZ Page

Can I take my tech and general exam on the same day? The main reason I ask this is because I am stationed in Japan and if I don't get my general when I take my Tech exam it could be a long time before I get an opportunity to take my general exam.

2. K4YPS

K4YPS Ham Member QRZ Page

yes....i took tech test passed,then took general passed.......never got out of my chair...good luck ke5wls

3. KD0FNR

KD0FNR Ham Member QRZ Page

You can take multiple exams in one day. I took my General while I was waiting for my Technician to be graded, then, I took my Extra while I was waiting for my General to be graded. You may as well take your extra too. You'll be surprised at how much you already know.

KD0FNR Hamilton
    Practice Exams at CopaseticFlow

4. W4INF

W4INF Ham Member QRZ Page

It is really up to the VE, however Ive never heard of one denying the request... if anything they will encourage you to keep testing up the levels. Of course you understand, you cannot achieve Extreee unless you first passed Technician and General, just so you understand the protocol.

Good luck soldier-
    Andrew

5. W4MAJ

W4MAJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I am a VE in the Nashville VE team. In June, a young man passed all three exams (Tech, General and Extra) in one sitting. He passed all three. It can be done, but would I recommend it? Well, I guess that's up to you.

6. KT4W

KT4W Ham Member QRZ Page

If you take the Tech test and pass it you can then go on and take the
    General without an additional fee. If you then pass the General you can
    also go and take the Extra, again no extra cost.
    I just passed the Extra and at the same testing there were several people
    that passed Tech and then took General. You might as well give it a try
    since you don't pay again at that sitting. If you pass the General so much
    the better. If you don't pass it then you may have gained a little experience as to what to expect on the next attempt.

7. AC2BB

AC2BB Ham Member QRZ Page

thats great news to me, I'll most likely just take all 3 exams to get them out of the way. Lucky for me I have a good understanding of electronics theory and i learn very quick. One thing I am surprised at is how many sources of exam info say to memorize the questions and dont worry about the theory, It almost seems like cheating the system to do it, but maybe thats just cause I like to understand the theory behind everything.

8. KX0Z

KX0Z Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes you can take multiple tests in one session. I took my General and Advanced written and the 13wpm code tests all in one session, went from Technician to Advanced in one sitting..

9. K4TLJ

K4TLJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I passed both the Technician and General in one session in October and probably could have passed the Extra exam too but chose to wait. I have a strong background in electronics but am a bit rusty when it comes to 'Ham protocol' so I am waiting a while to learn the language of hamming. Winging it and passing is not my way. I want to learn in depth. Memorizing answers just doesn't cut it.

10. AE5JU

AE5JU Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, you can. I did exactly that, took and passed all three in one sitting. I paid only the $14.00 fee.

Paul
    AE5JU

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.