Multimode6 with SignaLink

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by KD4KO, May 19, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. KD4KO

KD4KO Ham Member QRZ Page

I've downloaded the MultiMode demo. My SignaLink is connected to the FT-857D via the Data port, It's USB goes to the iMac's USB. The Signalink's speaker jack goes to the radeo's speaker jack.
    I can hear the CW audio coming through the iMac speakers, but the CW is not being decoded. I am not sure if the SignaLink is connected properly.
    In 1983, used a program called "SupeRat" with my Apple lle computer. The program was also multi mode and worked perfectly.
    If I can get the program to work properly with the SignaLink, I definitely would consider purchasing it.

2. KD4KO

3. KD4KO

I give up on MultiMode!
    They don't respond to my e-mail.
    I thought I would try to decode CW again. The FT-857D CW pitch is at 700hz. I set the MultiMode CW to 700hz, and I still get garbage!
    In 1982, I could decoded and transmitted CW and RTTY with my SupeRat program using my Apple lle computer with no problem.
    I told MultiMode that I would purchase the program if I could get it to decode CW. I don't the program to decode CW. I can send and receive over 15wpm myself.
    I just wanted it to work!

4. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't know why you'd hook the speaker jack on the rig to the speaker jack on the SignaLink...they're both output jacks, both designed to feed to an external speaker, not to be connected together.

Was your rig in CW or USB mode. I believe it should be in USB mode to do the CW decode correctly.

Fldigi will do CW decode, again in USB mode. There is also a program that's available in the Mac App Store called Morse Decoder that does a decent, albeit not perfect, job with morse.