Multiband single wire.

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by MW1CFN, Aug 7, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: HRDLLC-2
  1. MW1CFN

MW1CFN Ham Member QRZ Page

Those who want a simple, effective multiband antenna for portable operation may find this interesting.

https://mw1cfnradio.blogspot.com/2020/08/one-wire.html

For those of a more rabid disposition:

(1) This is to try and provide help for the many wondering what antenna might work for them for little money.
    (2) I know it's not a $3000 SteppIR (although the vertical might well be superior at the coast).
    (3) This is a comparison at the coast, which offers typically 10-14dB advantage over antennas inland.
    (4) If you find this post too much for you, there is, I promise, absolutely no requirement to respond to it.

Thanks,
    J.

KK4NSF, K5EMG and N0TZU like this.
  2. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

That seems a nice portable vertical. If I understood your description, there was no counterpoise other than the coax shield to the radio, is that correct?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  3. AI3V

AI3V Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, its BS that the "coast" is "10-14 db" better than "inland"

Myself , I will continue to install whole antennas.

If you want to be weak on the air.....

Rege

4. MW1CFN

OK. Let's hear why. I've done hundreds of hours of careful comparisons. Come on trollster, let's hear your igNobel-winning crap.

Meanwhile, here's a completely automated assessment of idential antennas at different locations. Measured difference in noise background = maximum of 1dB.

Or, just ask yourself why competent DXpeditions use verticals, and verticals at the coast?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    KI4ZUQ likes this.
  5. AI3V

AI3V Ham Member QRZ Page

Hundreds?

Lets see, 45 years at 2000 hours a year (thats 90,000 hours getting paid) making a living pushing radio waves around the word.

What do you do for a living?

Rege

6. AI3V

AI3V Ham Member QRZ Page

Well now, thats a lovely cartoon.

So you have exactly 2 data points for qth?

Silly me.

Rege

KI4ZUQ likes this.
  7. MW1CFN

Having established that you cannot read graphs, can we please hear the explanation as to why the coast does not afford any enhancement?

Many thanks.

8. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Gents please don't turn this into a personal battle or it will be shut down.

Please also keep political references out of it [political comment deleted]

Dave
    W7UUU

9. AI3V

AI3V Ham Member QRZ Page

Go shill that half antenna somewhere else.

Rege

10. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

Dave.... I don't know who is behaving badly, since I've got a few of the folks on ignore.... but thanks for that note.

While there is a place for debate in our hobby, there really is no reason to be mean spirited to other folks. Such bad behavior merely serves to drive people away.

W9WQA and K5EMG like this.