ad: chuckmartin

Multiband 1/4 wave Vertical antenna.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KK6USY, Jul 9, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KK6USY

KK6USY Ham Member QRZ Page

Thought some might be interested in this project. It is basically a light weight version of Colin's "MM0OPX" Adjustiwave antenna. Colin knows and approves of my build. Since I do some POTA I install a 20m leg and adjust the main antenna to 40m so I can switch back and forth. My main bands for POTA are 40 and 20m.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
    YC0AUN, KA8UGB, W9JTC and 15 others like this.
  2. K8XG

K8XG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

M1WML likes this.
  3. KK6USY

KK6USY Ham Member QRZ Page

I didn't really show how the antenna works in this video, but basically you wind one real out the other in. The antenna will tune all band from 6m to 80m by how far your wire is unwound. Also you can hook a second wire that runs up the mast any band you chose so that you have 2 bands at a time. Most of my contacts for POTA and SOTA are made on 20 and 40 meter with the bands the way they are presently.

M1WML and K8XG like this.
  4. ZL1PDT

ZL1PDT Ham Member QRZ Page

look good but think to big to carry around a mast and 20m of wire for endfed much easier in a V or L 10/20/40 m with 64:1 or 49:1 transformer,

WY7AC, K5MPH and M1WML like this.
  5. N3KW

N3KW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Seems a lot like SteppIR's CrankIR except in a lightweight (and probably significantly cheaper) version. I like it.

N3LJS, K4FMH, PA1ZT and 4 others like this.
  6. M1WML

M1WML Ham Member QRZ Page

I run a Facebook page all about antennas called amateur radio antennas large and small (all over the world) join with your amateur call sign.. we have some technical guys who no all about antennas.. hope to see you their..;);)

KK6USY likes this.
  7. KC5MOL

KC5MOL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

M1WML and KK6USY like this.
  8. N8PEM

N8PEM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Very cool chuck.

KK6USY and M1WML like this.
  9. KY4BDJ

KY4BDJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Can you show or tell us what is inside the box the reels are mounted to? Would like to know if you have a balun inside it. If so, what type.

M1WML and NB1U like this.
  10. N3LJS

N3LJS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I like to see a video on the on the build...........I am very interested in building one. Just cant see how the center conductor is hooked to the downrigger wire.

HB9EPC, M1WML and NB1U like this.
  11. N3KW

N3KW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I would like to see a build or detailed video as well. This would be awesome to add to my POTA kit.

M1WML likes this.
  12. N3LJS

N3LJS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Under construction....used carbon arrows for the stingers. The arrow insert thread is 8/32. And 3D printed the spacer for the top. Just waiting on the 12M pole.

Attached Files:

M1WML and M0OXD like this.
  13. KM4CQG

KM4CQG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Carbon Arrows are not the best choice fiberglass less conductive.

That antenna is very similar to my Stepp IR Crank IR.

M1WML likes this.
  14. HB9EPC

HB9EPC Ham Member QRZ Page

Bravo, cela va occuper mes heures libres...Hi

15. PU2SMO

PU2SMO QRZ Member

ótima ideia....