MRP4063 + SIGNLINK USB + IC7000

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by K4YAN, Jun 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
  1. K4YAN

K4YAN Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello,

I just installed MRP4063 CW (DECODER AND KEYING SOFTWARE),

I have the software decoding very well. When I type text and send the signalink keys the radio, and transmits.

I'm running it through the sound card settings not com port. i believe to have all the settings correct. However When I plug my headphones into the signalink I hear no CW tones being produced.

I have the radio set usb/lsb and I have the signalink set as the sound card.

Has anyone had experience with this software and possibly some tips or tricks I may have missed.

Thank you,

Greg (cw operator in training)

2. AB8ZL

AB8ZL Ham Member QRZ Page

CW doesn't produce tones, it keys and unkeys an unmodulated carrier. The tone you hear on a receiver it produced by injecting a sign wave at a frequency different from the CW signal. If the injected sign wave is 500Hz higher or lower then the CW signal then you hear a 500Hz tone.

If you use MCW (modulated CW) you should hear a tone.

3. AG3Y

AG3Y Guest

Yes, this may be true, but if the OP is using USB or LSB and a sound card ( the signalink ) and monitoring the output , there should probably be tones there.

However, maybe those tones are at such a low level that you are not able to detect them in your headphones. I am not quite sure where you are listening for these tones. Is there a special "monitor" jack built into the signalink, or are you just listening to the audio line that feeds the rig ? Remember, the signal level is quite low if you are feeding the audio into the microphone circuits! Have you tried feeding the signalink into an audio amp to listen to its output?

JMHO 73, and good luck

4. K4YAN

K4YAN Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for the replies, The Singnalink has an external speaker output which is where I attached my phones to check, I have never used software like this before. I would think the cw tones would sound as if I was using my paddle. Which leads me to believe there is something amiss.

The up side is the radio and software are talking and the radio is keying.

So I'm almost there.

Any other suggestions will be welcome

5. KD5PME

KD5PME Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't have a SignaLink USB yet, it on order. However, I downloaded the manual and here is what is says about the AUX jack:

"Note that the Aux jack can only be used with a
    speaker/headphones if the SignaLink USB is connected to
    high-level Speaker audio. If the SignaLink USB is
    connected to your radio’s Data or Accessory Port, then you
    will not be able to use this output for monitoring because
    virtually all of these ports have low-level outputs."

Hope that helps.

6. N5MDT

N5MDT Ham Member QRZ Page

Plug into the MON jack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.