MRCG Clatternet

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KE3BK, May 18, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KE3BK

KE3BK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

For anyone who is interested:

The West Coast Military Radio Collector's Group is running a RTTY net every Saturday. I'd like to see a revival of RTTY as a conversational mode rather than just a contest mode. And, the vintage equipment is fun to "play" with. Maybe this video will spike some interest:

Bill
    KE3BK

WN1MB and KK4NSF like this.
  2. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello Bill.... I think that's a GREAT idea. My old R-808 was made for RTTY, and I'll listen out for you guys this coming Saturday. I'll have my new TCI-612 clone up and running, and I'll turn it your way. You may be a bit far far away for that time of day, but maybe we'll get a little SFI boost by then. I won't be transmitting, but I'll let you know what I hear.

WN1MB likes this.
  3. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Heck, I'd just settle for enough RTTY so I can check out a new computer/rig configuration. Yes, I gave up the Model 19 some time ago. ;)

KK4NSF likes this.
  4. KK4NSF

that would be easy. We could set up an impromptu Gulf Coast Clatternet just like Bill's.... but closer to home. All we need to do is decide on when and what frequency, then post it on our local page. Too bad you got rid of the M-19. ;)

5. KQ0J

KQ0J XML Subscriber QRZ Page

" I'd like to see a revival of RTTY as a conversational mode "

[​IMG]

6. K7EA

K7EA Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a very nice, not used much, Model 15 with table up For Adoption.

Adoption fees are quite low, but new owner must pick up. Near Salt Lake.

I'd like to see it go to someone who will like and perhaps use it.

73 Bill

7. KK4NSF

that's a piece of gear I'd love to have. Unfortunately Salt Lake City is a bit far to go pick it up.

8. KK4NSF

So Bill, how did Saturday's Clatternet go?

9. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

As I have said before...the clattering of my Model 19 is what I believe convinced my ex she'd had enough at the end of the 80s. I'm indebted to it for that, but shortly after I switched to my C64 and an AEA cartridge (I believe that was the one been a few years ago). Much more practical I had to admit. If somehow not as much fun. :(

10. W6IWI

W6IWI Ham Member QRZ Page