ad: elecraft

MP1DXMAX VHF Field Test

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by OH8STN, Apr 19, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. OH8STN

OH8STN Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello operators.
    Todays video is a response to a viewer who asked "Would be possible to demonstrate the VHF capabilities of the MP1DXMAX from Super Antenna, in a POV video perspective?". Response to that request comes in the form of a field test with the MP1DXMAX, Yaesu FT-817ND, Mobilinkd BT KISS TNC, and APRSDROID all coming together as a system.

de oh8stn

G0DHJ and F4HPX like this.
  2. KQ6XA

KQ6XA Ham Member QRZ Page

Great video, Julian! Such a vast icy landscape. The perfect place to test out a rugged portable antenna and radio system.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  3. KQ6XA

KQ6XA Ham Member QRZ Page

All you wimps, sitting at your warm and comfy shacks. You can see why they call him Survival Tech Nord.

KD8AQT and OH8STN like this.
  4. OH8STN

OH8STN Ham Member QRZ Page

This was nothing! Actually it's spring time. Wait until I put up the RaDAR Challenge video. That was "terrible".
    Next winter I hope to do some multi-day ops with a hot tipi-tent. Ski, set up, camp, operate, during the worst time of winter. Hopefully someone will be inspired to operate properly, man-portable and off-grid sometimes.

Always good to read your comments.
    de oh8stn

KA0HCP likes this.
  5. G0DHJ

G0DHJ Ham Member QRZ Page

GREEEEAAT ! My dawgie sends woofy howls to your dawgies, HI the antenna is zoopa doo ! Enjoyed the vids very much. :rolleyes:
    Love trying out new stuff. G0DHJ x

Attached Files:

• D.jpg
      D.jpg
      File size:
      71.5 KB
      Views:
  6. W1WDX

W1WDX Ham Member QRZ Page

Love the dogs!!!