ad: M2Ant-1

Moving to Southern MO in October...any good Hamfests?

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by KB1MM, Aug 14, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. KB1MM

KB1MM Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm retiring and moving to MO in October from NH. We have a great ham fest here (Nearfest) twice a year.

Any decent ham fests within an hour or two of West Plains, MO during the year?

I'll probably be too late for any good ones this year but want to plan for next year.

Thanks,

Tim, KB1MM

2. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

3. KB1MM

Springfield is doable...My wife and I will actually be living in Mountain View...West Plains is just the closest decent sized town to us. Sept 25th is a week too early (I'll be arriving with the rest of our stuff somewhere around Oct 3rd/4th) so it'll have to wait until next year. Good luck with the semi-new hamfest. Hope you guys do well enough to have it again next year. I will be there for sure.

We just bought a 10.5 acre property this past spring, mostly hay fields, so plenty of room to hang some wire in the air.

N0MJC, W9RLG and KO6WB like this.
  4. W5HEH

W5HEH Ham Member QRZ Page

KB1MM likes this.
  5. KB1MM

Yup...kinda sucks. I wondered why one would have to be member to find out the particulars about a hamfest. Doesn't make a lot of sense.

6. KF5SDE

KF5SDE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have been to the one in Joplin. It is outstanding. If you want to travel check out the one in Clermore, OK. It is near Tulsa. It is really big.

K0UO likes this.