ad: M2Ant-1

Moving - NO ANTENNAS ALLOWED - Help

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by N4AHS, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: FBNews-1
  1. W6TMI

W6TMI Ham Member QRZ Page

I DREAM of the day when this is a MUTE subject....
    [​IMG]

2. M0DSZ

M0DSZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I thought this forum was about a concealed "transmission device" (note I didn't say antenna), it's developed into something else obviously. Grey (gray if you prefer) appears to be best for insulated wire in the sky. Most telephone technicians here would second that. My antenna is grey, 60metres long and only two people have noticed it in 3 years. We live next to a nature reserve and historic conservation area, hence the discretion. See my QSL photo. The wire is 4mm squared stranded and has never fallen down. I tried blue first and it was a lot more noticeable.
    At school we used to unwind old transformers with wire about 22 gauge (AWG and SWG aren't that different). Although it was dark enamelled it wasn't easily spotted. Didn't last long though, about one school term.

Best wishes,

Hugh M0DSZ

3. N0DLH

N0DLH Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Wayne, I to have a problem with antannas but mine is due to space and not HOA's.

I know how furstrating it is to get an antenna up.

To all of the replies you got about buying where you did must not realize the shelter is a bacis need for life ---  not amateur radio. It's not their problem, all your looking for is help and not to be cut down.

I'm sure these people that are harping on you about your purchase have never made an unwise purchase in their life time.

Good luck on your antenna quest.

4. KC0TKS

KC0TKS Ham Member QRZ Page

I read a post recently (don't remember where) about a guy with a similar problem. His solution- he ran coax to one of his downspouts and used his gutters for an antenna. If you have a large house it just might work (with a tuner of course!)

My 2 cents worth.

5. KC0NBW

KC0NBW Ham Member QRZ Page

once again, galvanized steel electric fence wire makes good low visibility antennas ! [​IMG] [​IMG]

it is also strong and cheap,typically about $10 for a 1/4 mile spool.

6. KF5KWO

KF5KWO Ham Member QRZ Page

galvanized steel electric fence wire - good for radials then too, I assume? A lot cheaper than regular wire for sure...

7. KC4YLV

KC4YLV Ham Member QRZ Page

Should be fine - galvanizing should help stop corrosion.

8. WA2RUG

WA2RUG Ham Member QRZ Page

TIP: EVERY state has a flag law. You are permitted to display an AMERICAN flag of a "reasonable size" no matter where you live, town home, apartment, condo, "antenna restricted community". Don't take the association's short answer. NO flag pole maybe...... Flag pole WHITH flag YES, they can't do anything about it. Just show them THE law after you install your... err flagpole. You don't have to take my word, look it up.
    All you have to do is devise some type antenna to hang your flag on. This works well with VHF antennas on a balcony, or HF antennas hidden inside PVC pipe (Like a trap vertical for 20-15-10 etc). Get the facts and go for it. 73, Tom wa2rug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.