mount antenna in nassan track in bed of truck

Discussion in 'Mobile Radio' started by AF5JM, Jun 22, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. AF5JM

AF5JM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

mount antenna inNissan's utility track system

I have a 2011 Nissan Frontier and want to mount a 2/70 dual band antenna into the utillity track system in the bed of the truck. Does anyone have any links to a good mount for the rail track for SO-259 antenna. I found these guys at http://www.repdesign.us/gpage19.html , but was to look for another option to check out before I buy something.

Thanks

Jack Malone
    N1JEM

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  2. K9PHT

K9PHT Ham Member QRZ Page

I use two of the COMET SBB-7NMO 2m/400 Antennas one on each side of my 2010 F150 FX4 supercab truck and is mounted to the LIP of the rear door using the CP-5 NMO MOUNTs. My rear doors open to the front so the antennas don't move position very much when being opened. Don't know how the Nissan rear doors opens.

Since the 2m/440 antennas are light weight and not much wind resistance it seems like a big over kill to use the bar like you are suggesting...

I would use something like that possibly for a SCREWDRIVER 80-10M antenna.

I also use the TARHEEL "LIL TARHEEL" 80M-10M screwdriver antenna and it is mounted on the truck bed area on the drivers side just about a foot back from the rear window. I modified the stake hole in the truck bed to come up with a mount for the screwdriver antenna. Works rather nice there...Also easy to remove and keep under the back seat area of the truck.

Roy Ken

3. AF5JM

AF5JM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The antenna I have for 2/440 is pretty heavy antenna so mounting it on the door would not work that good. Its a high gain antinna. I use it on a mag mount right now but cannot keep it on top of the truck at speeds above 55 mph so I have to remove it when I leave on an out of town trip. the bed of my truck has no holes on the side and also have a plastic trim so I can not mount anything on the side. the utility track is going to be my best place to mount it. I am considering using the mount from Reg Design's but wanted to see if anyone knew of another track mount system.