ad: chuckmartin

[Motorola Programming] New York???

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KC2SRZ, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. KC2SRZ

KC2SRZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi guys,

I was curious to know if there is anybody who programs Motorola radios in the NYC metro area or on long Island?

I'm looking to have a Motorola Maxtrac or GTX mobile, re-programmed for local 33cm repeater use.

Any info would be appreciated.

2. K7DLX

K7DLX Ham Member QRZ Page

Try Switchboard.com - here are 3 places I found by searching for Radio on Long Island, NY. Can't guarantee anything, because I don't know your area - but these would be a good start:

GATT Communications Inc
    3151 Steinway Street, Astoria, NY
    (718) 545-0069
    (these guys actually advertise Motorola in their ad)

Metrocom Enterprises
    4537 21st Street, Long Island City, NY
    (800) 392-3300

Eastern Communications Limited
    4814 36th Street, Long Island City, NY
    (718) 729-2044

Good luck!

3. KJ4ODU

KJ4ODU Ham Member QRZ Page

I just came across a Older Motorola radio, that work in the 146-174MHz range.

and I wanted it to work for the locol Repeaters, etc.

I called the Motorola store and to program it with 6 channels. was alittle over my price...

I also asked if I could beable to do it... He said NO, there NO way without the High Price Programmer, :confused:

so I founded some site to build the $5 programmer and the software for my model. Now I have the channels I want...

I dont know If I can post the links in the forums or not. but I can PM them to you if they will help.

or If I can I will post them here.:D

4. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

ODU:

I would not advertise that you found the software to program your radio. Motorola is VERY protective of their software and will definitely go after those people who have not paid the licensing fee to them. Motorola watches very carefully places like eBay and if they detect any Motorola software being sold then they will definitely contact the purchaser about either paying the license fee or else sending the software back to Motorola. A license does NOT go with the software when it is sold, traded, etc.

Google watches QRZ.com very closely and within a very few seconds of anything being posted it will show up in a Google search.

Glen, K9STH

5. KJ4ODU

KJ4ODU Ham Member QRZ Page

that what I was thinking, thanks

6. N4DES

N4DES Ham Member QRZ Page

7. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

They watch everything that is watchable. Motorola or related newsgroups, Yahoo user groups for Motorola etc.

8. KC2SRZ

KC2SRZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for all the info/advice guys...

It will definitely help me along in my search.

JOE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.