Motorola Astro Rear Accessory Connector

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by TA3N, Jun 18, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. TA3N

TA3N Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi. I bought a Motorola Astro but the Rear Accessory Connector is missing so I couldn't use the radio. It can not be used without the correct connecter. Radio has a code that enables it to operate with right short circiuts on that Rear Accessory Connector. Can anyone help me and explain how to enable the radio? I don't know which pins are the right one to use short circuit to trick it to give access to the radio. And also the speaker is actived with one of these circuit, I don't know which one activates speaker too.

Thanks in advance.
    TA3N
    Sezgin Kenar

Rear Accessory Connector 2.jpeg
    Rear Accessory Connector.jpeg

2. WA6SW

WA6SW Ham Member QRZ Page

3. N2ZD

N2ZD Ham Member QRZ Page

It’s been so long, but the connector needs to be jumped so you have audio if I remember.

Batlabs can help as the poster said above..

4. KB0MNM

KB0MNM Ham Member QRZ Page

Some of the 'Astro' Radios have 'ignition sense', meaning that you do basically have a 'brick' unless the appropriate pins are jumpered for simple 12 VDC power-on control. Since 'Astro' is a series of radios and probably refers to one of a number of Spectra ( more specific ), MCS2000, etc. models- the information that is needed is in a long model number which is usually attached to the underside of the radio. In some cases, the radio must be removed from a lockable mounting plate to get that information. Your photo shows just a little bit of information: T99OX-092W_ASTRO. You need to see if you can photograph more of that sort of alpha-numerical information. Because the control-head also has information, look for a small bar-code on the underside of that, as well. A front view might allow an educated guess as to model series, which is also needed for decoding which 'Astro' radio you are dealing with.

5. TA3N

TA3N Ham Member QRZ Page

Firstly, thank you for your replies. I am finally able to start the radio. I found which pins to jump.

repeater.png
    You need to jump 2 and 8
    5th pin is +12 volts
    6th pin is the speaker (+)
    7th pin is the speaker (-)

Here is my actual connector that I use for my radio to operate and it works. Have a nice day.

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-20 at 9.54.41 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-20 at 9.54.42 PM.jpeg

TA3N
    Sezgin Kenar

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020