Motorcycle operation

Discussion in 'Mobile Radio' started by N4DSG, Aug 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N4DSG

N4DSG Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for all the replies. Yes, I will be using a headset with a push button on the handlebar. And by all means....NEVER TEXT on or in any vehicle!

2. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

There may be state/local regulations for this. Always be aware of those.

3. N2ADV

N2ADV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I know loads of folks who operate riding a motorcycle. There are even throat mics that work well (Google is your friend). There is no FCC regulation prohibiting operation while riding a motorcycle. What there may be are state specific regulations regarding "distractions" while driving/riding and/or the use of earphones while operating a motorcycle. For example, NY allows riders to only have one earphone while riding (again, Google is your friend, but just this once I will do the work: http://www.bikerplaza.com/motorcycle-law.html ).

4. N4DSG

N4DSG Ham Member QRZ Page

Was not aware of this website...I like it! Thanks!

5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I think the rule states that you can not have Ham Radio plates on a motorcycle that does not have a radio.

They would not issue plates if it was not allowed.

Have Fun.

6. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

If you can operate a radio while driving a motorcycle while avoiding the lunatics, well, more power to you!

7. N2ADV

N2ADV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It comes in handy, especially if you frequently cross state lines.

Personally, I devote all my attention when riding to the homicidal maniacs behind the wheel of many cars who appear to be intent on killing unwary motorcyclists, however, YMMV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.