Most Used Frequencies for Summits on the Air Activations

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by NJ7V, Feb 26, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. NJ7V

NJ7V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree with you that there is a big difference between a drive verses a hike. I think that is a fairly obvious observation to everybody. I also think that unbeknownst to you, your remarks may have rubbed others the wrong way because they imply you have it all figured out and the rest of us don't, or that anybody who does a drive-up is somehow beneath you. You probably didn't mean it that way but I'm pretty sure that's how most took it. And honestly, I think your record is somewhat relevant here because it speaks to how much exposure you have to the SOTA culture and purpose behind the rules we have in place. I do appreciate your comment and understand the point you made. Thank you.

K0YQ and AJ6KZ like this.
  2. AJ6KZ

AJ6KZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep. I was thinking about that. It's not dissimilar to how climbing routes are rated. It can be and is done, but not without some adjustments from time to time based on consensus. And since any changes in ratings would retroactively change point status in SOTA it would be a pain. So, I'm taking the "whatever" approach and just doing it to have fun. The points are important in exactly the same way that winning a plastic trophy at the fair is important. Fun, but not a reflection of your value as a person. :)

NJ7V likes this.
  3. NX6ED

NX6ED Ham Member QRZ Page

There are nets everywhere. Maybe we need net-free areas of the band plans...

NJ7V likes this.
  4. K0BZ

K0BZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice video and great scenery. Thanks for the SOTA tutorial.

NJ7V likes this.
  5. K0YQ

K0YQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Enjoyed the video thank you.

NJ7V likes this.
  6. NJ7V

Thanks Brad

7. NJ7V

I appreciate it John