Most of the World's Written Language is Left to Right, Yes?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KM6CND, Jun 10, 2019 at 4:47 AM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

First world problems.....

N5PAR, WD4IGX, KM6CND and 1 other person like this.
  2. W7CJD

W7CJD Ham Member QRZ Page

Do you think people in countries whose language is written right to left are predominantly left-handed?

3. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Chinese is often written top to bottom - does that mean they have the upper hand? ;)

G3ZPF, WD4IGX, W4IOA and 2 others like this.
  4. W5LZ

W5LZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I had to learn to read things upside down and backwards. Makes things easier when you lean over that radio looking for where something plugs in. That's one'a them technical abilities they don't tell you about...

5. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

STARBOARD and PORT!!
    I even labeled my antenna selector on the Superflex motorized antenna controller that way.
    Now as I remember (I am not a SAILOR),
    Starboard is the Passenger side, Port is the Drivers side (unless you have one of those funny European cars, then it is the reverse)

6. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

You obviously made a wrong ASSumption. WHY would you connect an antenna without KNOWING how the radio is designed, or which connector to use? I see no fault on Kenwood's part.

WD4IGX, K3EY, K4AGO and 1 other person like this.
  7. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Ham Member QRZ Page

˙ɯǝlqoɹd ǝɥʇ ǝǝs ʇ,uop I

N5RFX, WZ7U, W4IOA and 3 others like this.
  8. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

my wife (the Nun) writes notes to herself in Chinese all the time.
    She grabs a Parakeet, dips its feet in an Inkwell and then lets the bird scratch on the paper

W1TRY, G3ZPF, W4IOA and 3 others like this.
  9. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Being able to read upside down is a very handy thing when you are sitting across the desk from someone who uses notes, formal papers, etc., when dealing with you.

Glen, K9STH

AC8UN, K4AGO and N2EY like this.
  10. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

A ambulance puts the lettering on the front of it, So it looks correct when you look in your mirror.

Some people are still to stupid to pull over.

K4AGO likes this.