most dx working

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by 2E0OKC, Mar 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. M3KXZ

M3KXZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Even then it'll only be 400W. There are some here in the UK who go well in excess of the legal limit. I've heard one UK op saying on air that he was running a kW, so no doubt there are others. Doing that makes them no better than the CBers here running linears IMO.

2. M3KXZ

Scott, I'm starting to turn into a fanatic. Busted OD5NJ, Lebanon, pile-up on 12m this pm while I was on the beach - 5W CW, 5th call! I know it wasn't a DXPed or anything, but it was a great new one for me!

3. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

And there are some here in the U.S. who run more than the legal limit proving only that some people need a sledgehammer to fasten a pin. It's all about technique.

4. K4HX

K4HX Ham Member QRZ Page

Some would consider running the legal limit as using a sledgehammer. It's all about perspective. :)

5. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Some think of using QRP in a pileup is like trying to enter a YUGO in Nascar and expecting to win. If U don't have a comparable car to the rest, FERGETABOUTIT!!! OH, U might get LUCKY, if all the rest of the cars crash and U don't. Use the Kilowatt!

6. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

Sledgehammer 1 , technique and ability 0.

7. M3KXZ

Studies have shown that it's not the size of the penis that counts, but rather the weight behind it. Furthermore, there is some evidence that body mass is also inversely proportional to penis size. As can be seen from many ham mugshots, those hams requiring the highest power levels generally seem to have the highest body mass. From this, it can be deduced that hams requiring highest power levels and having highest body mass would also exhibit smallest penis size and therefore power output is inversely proportional to penis size.

8. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd rather listen to fingernails on a chalkboard. :p

9. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

Clue 0, as well. :rolleyes:

SOP from the Drama Llama from CA.

10. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

So many "experts" claim they can crack all these pileups with 5W and a G5RV. In some very RARE instances, it can happen. Lets see how well their 5W does in a pileup on a really RARE DX like a P5 or BS7H! I know all the techniques too. Those are neccessary with a full Kilowatt to get through. It is because of PROPOGATION that it becomes a great equalizer. East Coast hams with 5W will beat out West Coast with a Kilowatt and Monobanders just because THEY have better signal into the Mideast DX. Meanwhile, East Coasters are chomping it to bits trying to get through which is so easy for West Coast on Pacific DXpedtions. So you can know your techniques and tricks. All these so-called SKILLS, but when propogation is against you, I'd rather try with a Kilowatt. You MIGHT just get lucky with your QRP station, but that is what it is: LUCK!!! Everyone knows and uses the same "skills" you do!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.