Mosley Pro 57-B owners how do you like it, Pro's & con's?

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by K4EM, Aug 14, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
  1. K4EM

K4EM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

How well do you like it and how's the performance?

Dave
    k4em

2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I've installed two of them, but that was several years ago. Don't know if they changed anything.

Very well built and machined, fairly easy to assemble. F/R wasn't good compared with some other beams I've installed.

N0AX and K7LXC did real-world comparisons of several HF tribanders about 20 years ago and show the tests, the methodology, and the resulting data in a popular book: Champion Radio | HF TRIBANDER PERFORMANCE - TEST METHODS & RESULTS however they tested the PRO67 and PRO77,, and not the 57. Still makes interesting reading, though. You might want to find a copy of that.

K0UO likes this.
  3. N5YPJ

N5YPJ QRZ Moderator QRZ Page

I installed mine in January 2020 replacing a Cush A3S. Very well built some how mine went through a baseball size hail storm unscathed that a lot of destruction here. About three weeks later another severe thunderstorm with gusts to 72 MPH, no problems. It is a lot of antenna make sure your tower (guys if any) and rotor are up to the task. I like the PRO-57B and would do it again. Reason for selecting it was I wanted an antenna that would cover 17 meters also, don't have room for 2 Yagis. It is very nice having a directional antenna on 17! :p Now if it would just open more often.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021