ad: QSLWorks-1

Morsum Magnificat now available for free download

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Apr 18, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. G4TUT/SK2022

G4TUT/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

Morsum Magnificat now available for free download

The English language edition of Morsum Magnificat, the Morse Magazine, otherwise known as “MM”, contained a vast amount of information and illustrations of interest to Morse operators, key collectors, historians, researchers and other Morse enthusiasts.

Published from 1986 to 2004, in 89 issues, with readers and contributors around the world, it covered every conceivable aspect of Morse telegraphy, past, present and future, in a truly international way.

With the permission of the copyright holder, Zyg Nilski, G3OKD, this vast resource is now available for download in PDF format, free of charge, thanks to the generosity of Lynn Burlingame N7CFO who was a reader of, and contributor to, MM.

Included in the downloads is an updated and revised version of the MM 54-page Key WT 8 Amp Worldwide Survey which has proved to be of great interest to both users and collectors of the many versions of this famous pre-war, wartime and post-war military Morse key.

MM was first published in the Dutch language, by Morse enthusiasts, Rinus Hellemons PA0BFN, and Dick Kraayveld PA3ALM. They were later joined by Tony Smith G4FAI who helped them launch the English language edition of the magazine.

After Rinus died, G4FAI produced and edited MM alone until he was joined by Geoff Arnold G3GSR, one-time editor of Practical Wireless and founder of Radio Bygones. Later, Zyg Nilski G3OKD took over as editor and produced the final 28 issues of the magazine.

Original readers of MM who have copies missing from their collection can now fill the gap with a digital download. Today’s newcomers, and those who missed it first time round, now have the opportunity to discover what this unique publication has to offer them, and it costs nothing!

Free downloads of MM are available for personal use only from: http://www.n7cfo.com/tgph/Dwnlds/mm/mm.htm

73 of the 89 issues have been posted so far. If anyone can provide any of the missing issues for scanning to complete the set please contact Lynn Burlingame at n7cfo(at)n7cfo.com

Copies of MM may not be downloaded or distributed for any commercial purpose. Any website offering digital downloads of Morsum Magnificat or the Key WT 8 Amp Worldwide Survey for payment is doing so without copyright permission. Anyone finding such a site is asked to send details to g4fai(at)btinternet.com

Tony Smith G4FAI

Co-founder of the English edition of Morsum Magnificat.

http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2017/april/morsum-magnificat-now-available-for-free-download.htm

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

N2AMM, KA8SYV and K0PIR like this.
  2. G4HOM

G4HOM Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh what a joy these magazines are. I read a few issues many years ago but Impecuniousness prevented me from taking up a subscription, now I fear, reading them
    is going to be the cause of me squandering a lot of time when I should be doing something else.

3. KA8SYV

KA8SYV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I didn't know about MM. I look forward to reading them all. Good news for amateurs. 73.

4. K5MPH

K5MPH Ham Member QRZ Page

A great magazine for the CW head....

5. PA9HR

PA9HR Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice to see all the magazines here, I am a friend of Dick Kraayveld, one of the dutch founders of the magazine. Dick's call nowadays is PA8DWN (formely PA3ALM). Dick made all the drawings in the magazines. Dick was my CW teacher. He and I are active from the radiohut of the oceangoing tugboat the Elbe from the harbour in Maasssluis, the Netherlands. On the ship we use the call PI4DWN. Dick restored the old ship's Swedish transmitter the SRA MT-600. 73 Herman Römer - PA9HR