Morse Code NATO Alphabet Chart at Hobby Lobby

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by W0PV, Jun 30, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: FBNews-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

A few days ago I posted this in General Announcements (see text below) but realized now this forum may be just as interested in it.

Note the PRICE DROPPED online today. We went to the local store for other stuff again today and noticed the one on display was already GONE.

73, John, WØPV

---------------

Now and then my DL-YL Marion, aka "The Artist", drags me into Hobby Lobby for supplies. I like to tease her and the staff that what we want might be found next to the artifacts looted from the Middle East. :rolleyes:

However the other day this item with an amateur radio theme caught my eye and thought y'all might find it interesting too (or at least the description). Sure wish they had a RadioShack Express in the store like HobbyTown does too!

Morse Code Alphabet Chart Wall Decor

If you grew up in a military family, you know the lingo by heart. Morse Code Alphabet Chart Wall Decor features the NATO phonetic alphabet - the twenty-six code words assigned to each letter of the English alphabet - as well as their Morse code counterparts, printed in white font across a gray canvas.

The canvas is stretched between two wooden dowels that boast a black color, and a rope is adorned to the top so you can hang it along your wall.

Initial price $21.99 --- NOW $10.99
    Brand: Designs Direct Creative Group
    SKU: 1811280
    Details:
    Length: 23 1/2"
    Width: 10 3/4"
    Thickness: 1"
    Orientation: Vertical
    Includes: 1 - Rope

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    KD4ZFS and N2HUN like this.
  2. WA1GXC

WA1GXC Ham Member QRZ Page

Hobby Lobby for amateurs.

Letter "A" and "J" are not rendered in conformance with ICAO/ NATO/ INTERCO /IMCO phonetic alphabet

A = ALFA
    J = JULIETT

Alpha and Juliet would be mis-pronounced by speakers of many European languages; practical communications testing by UN linguists
    and researchers chose the designated spellings and pronunciations purposefully.

Many of ARRL's operating aids, by the way, misspell ALFA and JULIETT alternately
    and randomly, depending upon publication date.

Let the buyer beware.

10-4?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    W0PV, M6GYU and K0UO like this.
  3. N2HUN

N2HUN Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey that's great, thanks for the info OM.

4. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

When J and R get together, watch out.

5. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The result could be Little ZULU's :eek:;)

6. AC0GT

AC0GT Ham Member QRZ Page

Huh? Oh, you mean Romeo and Juliet? From an old screenplay I saw on TV a few times as a kid?

It's a cute little short story. Someone should flesh that out into a film or play or something. It could be famous.

M6GYU likes this.
  7. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I think you're 423 years too late.:(