ad: AbAuRe-1

Morning QRP Friends!

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by KD5TTZ, May 9, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KD5TTZ

KD5TTZ Ham Member QRZ Page

2. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

3. KD5TTZ

I don't know how well it would work, but I would like to try and make a 80 meter coil for a vertical.
    I've never made a coil before. Where would I start to educate myself on the construction on an 80 meter induction coil for a vertical?
    I already have a homebrew buddipole, so hope to build upon that. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

4. N8AFT

N8AFT Subscriber QRZ Page

You may want to consider beneith the metal helipad but that would take some climbing and use of fall protection.

5. KI6J

KI6J Ham Member QRZ Page

A 30+ foot fiberglass extending pole with a single wire, a loading coil with shunt feed at the base, and a magnetic welder's ground lug for the ground plane connection (if you can find bare metal).
    What a location!

N6MST likes this.
  6. N6MST

N6MST Ham Member QRZ Page

7. KD5TTZ

I have a Jackite 31' pole that I use for my endfed, its too long collapsed to fit in the helicopter.
    I also have to keep in mind that if I set anything up on the helideck, I have to be able to remove it in less than 10 minutes.
    When a helicopter is coming in we get a 10 minute call for a green deck, any longer than that and I will be in big trouble!!!

8. KI6J

KI6J Ham Member QRZ Page

Here's a 30m vertical I used a few times on top of a steel water tank. The element is a 12 foot extending whip (Buddipole makes one); the loading coil is wound on some PVC scraps with 3/8" hardware; the mag-mount base has a PL to 3/8" adapter screwed into it. Since mag mount coupling is insufficient at HF, I used the legs of a 30m dipole clipped onto the adapter as radials. The whole thing collapsed into a small stuff bag. Put small magnets at the end of the radials to keep them from blowing around.
    Vert2.JPG

9. KI5WW

KI5WW Ham Member QRZ Page

Fun suckers.

10. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Have you tried loading up the helipad itself?