Mono/Multiband Beam-Limited Space Ant

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by K3LYE, Apr 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: l-gcopper
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K3LYE

K3LYE Ham Member QRZ Page

What is a good Mono 20m. or Multiband Beam-Limited Space antenna. Dealing with CCR's in FL area. Can place ant. 5ft. above house, that is about 37 feet elevation at site.

2. WB6FTI

WB6FTI Guest

I have no restrictions out in the country near Boise Idaho, but I ran a single wire about 4 feet above the long dimension (64 feet) of my roof (abt 15 feet total above ground) and into the shack. Not DX quality but tunable with an MFJ 16010 on all bands and suitable for every adjoining state. 73s ...
    Gene KD7PQA

3. K3MOV

K3MOV Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (K3LYE @ April 11 2002,10:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What is a good Mono 20m. or Multiband Beam-Limited Space antenna. Dealing with CCR's in FL area. Can place ant. 5ft. above house, that is about 37 feet elevation at site.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Check Force 12 catalog. They have a nine foot antenna that covers 20 to 10 - very efficiant. It gets good reviews. Gap also has  a new antenna which is about 5 ft high. Haven't heard any reports on it yet

4. K7IM

K7IM Ham Member QRZ Page

5. VE7AJJ

VE7AJJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I realize this is a little bit late for this topic however for anyone reading it now I would suggest that the Hexbeam may be the best reduced size directional antenna that is around for the hf bands. It is about 1/2 the size of a regular beam and can easily be mutibanded or built for a single band. It performs as well as a full size antenna could be expected to.

A great deal of information about commercial or home brew is available at the following reflector which is open for non registered viewers.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hex-beam/

Check it out. Those that use the hexbeam seem to be completely sold on it..

Garry ve7ajj

6. NH7MA

NH7MA Ham Member QRZ Page

Ive got a G5RV 10-40 m version that is about 50ft long. I have traveled overseas with it and a mfj versa turnerII and has worked briliantly. Easy to tune in various configs and easy to set up and take down.

NH7MA
    Amos Hathway

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.