Monitor Noise

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by KE7IPY, Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. KE7IPY

KE7IPY QRZ Member

I moved the HT and my magnetic mount car antenna (stuck on the top of the franklin stove) to the living room over the weekend. I was listening in on a local net and I noticed that whenever I changed windows on my laptop, I'd get a flood of static. It's only when the windows are changed, then it quiets down again. Anyone every had this issue? I figured if it was going to be a noisy monitor, it'd be consistently noisy all the time. Unfortunately, it's on my laptop, so I can't really replace it that easily. Any clues, fixes?

2. KC9ECI

KC9ECI Ham Member QRZ Page

Go to your monitor properties, and try changing the refresh rate. Sometimes that will help.

3. KC2QYD

KC2QYD Ham Member QRZ Page

I had the same problem with mine, you have to change your refresh rate and then your RES. if that doesnt work then do a good degauss on your monitor.

4. PA5COR

PA5COR Ham Member QRZ Page

Since he's using an laptop that won't do much good....
    Some laptops just emit noise, some don't, using 2 laptops here, an Promedion and an H.P., both are relative quiet.

If the power supply cable has the ferrite as close as possible to the connector of the laptop, that should reduce the noise, the screens mostly are screened off from the back, but the front can transmit some hash.

Cor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.