Moderator deleted my ad ...... If you knew Alpha amplifiers ..........

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by W6RU, Feb 26, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. W6RU

W6RU Ham Member QRZ Page

You messaged me that my ad for my Alpha amplifier, the text did not accurately described the photo ! Well ALL Alpha 77DX AND 77SX amplifiers came from the factory with the "DX" on the front panel. Any Alpha 77SX amplifier that has a front panel that says "SX" are after market panels that were changed by users. Anybody that knows the history of these amp knows that ! Would it asking too much to reinstate my ad please? Thank You.

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Your ad was deleted because the model in the title differs from the model in the photo.

It's your responsibility to post a photo that matches what you describe. If there are mitigating reasons why the part numbers do not match, you need to explain that. You cannot expect QRZ moderators to have intimate knowledge with part numbers.

I will re-enable your ad - but will expect you to hit "Reply" and explain to potential buyers why the part number in the photo does not match the subject of your ad. Otherwise it will be removed again before we get more "reports" about mis-matched model numbers

[Edit: it appears another moderator reenabled your ad]

N2EY likes this.
  3. K6UJ

K6UJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It would have been a good idea to explain the SX / DX designation up front for both buyers and moderators benefit. The DX models came with a second tube hole for mounting a second 8877
    to convert it to an SX model.
    So even though the front panel indicates DX it became an SX.
    Many Alpha DX amps have been upgraded to SX by the owners.