ad: w5yi

Moderator alerts

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by KA2FIR, Feb 24, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

Some people in the forums are very confrontational about such things (if not confrontational about EVERYTHING). It could open up a new can of worms for that moderator with harassing emails or PM conversations that can never be resolved no matter how much they try.

N3AB and KN7S like this.
  2. KN7S

KN7S Senior Swapmeet Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Personally, I attach my call sign to all moderation communications. Unfortunately many folks have turned off their QRZ notification alert. If you are selling or want to get the latest responses to latest posting, your notifications option must be turned on.
    I am very open to cogent questions about a moderation call. If you make your query to me irrational or full of rage, I will most likely ignore it. It is all about COMMUNICATIONS.

KJ4VTH, K7MH, KA2CDT and 2 others like this.
  3. WB5MG

WB5MG Ham Member QRZ Page

heaven forbid you make an inocent coment on a sale item , knew it would be deleated before I posted , not like I shot JFK LOL

KX4IK likes this.
  4. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Here's what Fred has to say about your "innocent comments" on a sale item:
    Commentary
    Swap meet ads may not be used as a discussion forum. All replies to swapmeet ads should be a question about the item or the price.

He also stated in other posts that those replies should come from a bona fide potential purchaser only.
    If you knew it was going to be deleted before you posted it, why would you want to make your life difficult, make extra work for the Moderators, and cause drama? We all make posting mistakes occasionally, but don't intentionally go out of your way to be obnoxious. And, no, it's not funny.

N3AB, W7UUU and KN7S like this.
  5. KN7S

KN7S Senior Swapmeet Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

There are more than 60 forums and even more sub-forums. On more than 90% of those forums you can post almost anything you want, within reason. The 5 main Swapmeet forums are for one purpose only and that is to buy and sell amateur radio equipment and related gear. Yes, I know that it is a great temptation to help out a seller with additional or correctional information on his gear. I've almost done it myself! Nice gesture but not the way to roll. Many times we are finding that this "helpful" information is incorrect or is rumor based. You are not helping the buyer nor the seller. It is totally up to the seller to advertise his gear to the best of his knowledge and in the best light possible. No one else is responsible for this task.
    EVERY ad that is posted and is replied to is scanned by myself, Ed and other moderators several times a day. "Commentary" replies will be eliminated. If you strongly feel you that you have good info on a product for the seller, why not e-mail or PM him? He can then make the call as to whether or not to include such info in his ad. We will also continue to delete any reply that says "e-mail sent" or "PM sent". If you have sent a message via any route, leave it at that.
    One more note; We've been getting a fair number of folks who try to additionally sell accessories that may enhance the primary equipment for sale. These have been attached to the equipment seller's ad. Hijacking someone else's ad to sell your accessory is not acceptable and your reply will be deleted.
    Let's keep it clean and down to business, guys.

N3AB and AJ4GQ like this.
  6. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Actually, rules forbid... ;)

[​IMG]

Dave
    W7UUU

AJ4GQ and KN7S like this.