Moderator alerts

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by KA2FIR, Feb 24, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

When I report an ad and get an alert reply from the moderator the moderator's callsign is not included in the alert, why?

2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

First rule of QRZ Club: Do not question the actions of Moderators
    Second rule of QRZ Club: DO NOT question the actions of Moderators

;)

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN, K1OIK, N2EY and 1 other person like this.
  3. KA2FIR

Doesn’t answer the question, next.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  4. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe the Moderator is not a ham.

5. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Emeritus Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Mike, I owe you an apology. I'm quite sure that in years past that the Alert included the moderators call sign. Apparently it does not anymore.
    Well, I've only been at this for more than 30 years. Maybe not a Veteran Ham by some standards, but a licensed Ham nonetheless.

6. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

It's in the site rules to not question stuff moderators do or don't do. If they moderate your comments they can choose to say who they are or they can choose not to.

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN and N2EY like this.
  7. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

This will probably get deleted but I'll try anyway.
    Moderators should be required to sign/identify themselves when deleting posts or sending PMs about infractions.

KB4QAA likes this.
  8. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Emeritus Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

This you will have to take up with QRZ HQ.

9. KA2FIR

No need Dave. I thought it might have something to do with QRZ policy I just wondered why. I think 30 years qualifies as being a Veteran ham, hi. I think I initially hit report instead of reply and wondered why this didn't post.:oops:

KN7S likes this.
  10. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder Administrator QRZ Page

Think about it for a moment. You are asking to know WHO the moderator is, which tends to make it personal. A moderator's job is to identify behavior first and any remarks that a moderator makes should be about behavior, not about a person. Personalizing the discussion takes the focus away from the matter at hand. Furthermore, all moderators are supposed to operate by the same set of rules and so you should get the same or similar response from any of them.

None of us in the swapmeet including me, Dave KN7S or Dan WB7OXP are intentionally hiding behind our authority. We simply don't think that who we are is as important as what we're doing.

Also, QRZ does not employ non-hams for any position, paid or volunteer. It just wouldn't be right.

-fred

W7UUU, K7MH, N3AB and 3 others like this.