Modems

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by K8DO, Jun 22, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. K8DO

K8DO Ham Member QRZ Page

I've been perusing the offerings for modems as I'm thinking of replacing my trusty PK-232 - which has been ten feet tall and bulletproof for a couple of decades - but does not offer the newest modes, esp. FT8 which I have never tried.
    Long story short, I had a spinal cord accident and lost about ten years of active operating. Now in the early years, I did get on CW now and then for a short qso, but finally disassembled the entire shack about 5-6 years back. Putting things back together, I find time has moved on.
    Most of the names I used to know in the modem arena seem to have gone away. AEA has become Timewave and Rigblaster seems to be the newer kid on the block.
    What does the group like in the current offerings of modems for the digital modes?

2. K2CMH

K2CMH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Almost all digital modes these days are done with software via a sound-card interface to your radio. Some of the newer radios even have a USB sound-card already built into them. Signalink by Tigertronics is a popular interface. Rigblaster makes several interfaces. Some of the popular software choices are Ham Radio Deluxe, FLDigi, the WSJT suite, and a bunch of others I am forgetting.

3. PU2OZT

PU2OZT Ham Member QRZ Page

4. K2CMH

K2CMH XML Subscriber QRZ Page