Mobile yet stationary

Discussion in 'RV Operating and Camping' started by KG0DB, May 6, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

The simplest and most effective 7-50 MHz antenna is a 10 meter fish rod with a 7,5 meter wire along it and radials. I'm use such antenna with a tuner and it work very good. For example http://www.us7ign.com/?p=219

KF5VDX likes this.
  2. KG5DXW

KG5DXW Ham Member QRZ Page

I USE MY ANTENNAS LONG WIRE 80 THRU 10 METERS 1KW POWER RATED

3. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I've always had fun with a plain old G5RV pitched into a tree - 25-30 to the apex with a slingshot. Plenty of contacts to make it worthwhile, every time

Dave
    W7UUU

4. KE5NCP

KE5NCP Ham Member QRZ Page

In the desert I use a Tarheel 200 screwdriver mounted to the truck for 80-10 and a 2/70 mag mount on the roof of the truck, just park the truck about 75 FT away and run two lengths of coax to them from my base radio inside the trailer that I carry with me. I have on occasion taken my 811H amp as well and use the generator to run that but can use the radio at 100 watts on the inverter and solar. I also carry a 80-10 dipole that I can put in the trees if in such a place and want to go to the effort. This way I also have a backup, my 857 Yeasu in the truck in case I really get lazy. LOL. Almost forgot, use a wireless remote turner for the Tarheel so can tune from the trailer.