ad: Radclub22-1

Mobile Devices - iOS & Android

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by KO7PAS, Mar 27, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KO7PAS

KO7PAS Ham Member QRZ Page

With as many talented and smart people that are on here, I find it a bit odd that the site is not mobile friendly and/or there isn't an app developed in order to access QRZ.

However, I am having a huge issue on my mobile devices whereas the formatting of the page makes it near impossible to read, especially forums.

I do have a solution... Create a CSS that is optimized for mobile devices, drop it at, for example: http://m.QRZ.com that covers the entire site for mobile.

However, as it is now, I am struggling just to navigate the site on my mobile devices.

One other note, that when choosing a style, it is not site-wide, it's only the forums and not the main page of the site as well that's being formatted. Another simple fix by using the CSS of the forums as the main page CSS.

Really, this is an easy fix for the site administrators to do. (I use to do this kind of work long, long time ago).

Not all of us can lug a laptop/desktop around all the time.

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Some things should not be done with a cell phone, Me thinks.

You can scale, Then you cant see. o_O

A Android Tablet works for me.

3. KC3PBI

KC3PBI Ham Member QRZ Page

"qrz.com" as you see it is actually at least two different web content management systems bolted together. Any "sitewide" fix has to be implemented a few times over.

I may not have this right but I understand qrz had an app, retired it, and has recently rolled out a brand new app. It should be understood that the new app exists to support the callbook portion of qrz.com and not the accessory forum & logging functions.

4. KO7PAS

KO7PAS Ham Member QRZ Page

The formatting just goes all crazy if I do that, and then I can't read it at all.

5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Exactly.

A $100 Android Tablet is the way to go.

QRZ did develop a phone app, I have never had the need to try it.

The thing that I like about a Android, You can make it do what You want. Developer mode lets you be a super user. Use with care.

Have fun.