Mobile Antenna Mounting - Superduty truck

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by KC8BWS, Jan 1, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. W4RLR

W4RLR Ham Member QRZ Page

Go to Gigaparts web site. They have an antenna mount especially for Super Duty trucks that attaches to the front fender. As for my Yaesu dual band rig, I use a glass mount antenna on the rear glass. Works adequately well, can hit the repeater 35 mlles distant. I have a hard tonneau on my truck that looks nice, but is a PITA to take off when I tow the fifth-wheel RV. Towing is another reason why, in addition to garage door clearances, that I don't have a big screwdriver antenna on the back of the pickup. Just an ATAS -120 on a fender mount.

2. W6DTO

W6DTO Ham Member QRZ Page

This inexpensive "CB" mount works very well for me and it only cost around $20-. It's stainless, stealth, and is adjustable.

2011-06-30_11-28-56_199.jpg 2011-06-30_11-27-19_730.jpg

3. W4DLT

W4DLT Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a tarheel II mounted on a home made mount. Looks like the pic on the breedlove page with the camper top. Except mine is located up next to the cab. I made it out of 2" x 6" x 3/16 flat stainless, counter sunk the holes for hex head flat machine screws also stainless. This would allow you to still use your cover. My ant performs great and I have talked all over the world on it with 100 watts. Good luck 73 Lynn W4DLT